Disability, Dept. of ED, and Student Loans

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darrell - your link appears to be blocked.<br /><br />Thinker - You are correct, and I enjoy and have supported NPR. Unfortunately, they are not politically balanced.&nbsp; Unless it is a strictly local station airing only to it's own audience, you're not going to find a conservative point of view on an NPR station, and it won't be one of the nationally aired programs, which is why I stopped supporting it, and why I feel it shouldn't be subsidized with federal funds.&nbsp; <br /><br />There is - or at least was - a mandate to braodcast systems that opposing viewpoints be addressed.&nbsp; I've never seen that on NPR.<br /><br /><br />

Seraphim said:
Darrell - your link appears to be blocked.<br /><br />Thinker - You are correct, and I enjoy and have supported NPR. Unfortunately, they are not politically balanced.&nbsp; Unless it is a strictly local station airing only to it's own audience, you're not going to find a conservative point of view on an NPR station, and it won't be one of the nationally aired programs, which is why I stopped supporting it, and why I feel it shouldn't be subsidized with federal funds.&nbsp; <br /><br />There is - or at least was - a mandate to braodcast systems that opposing viewpoints be addressed.&nbsp; I've never seen that on NPR.<br /><br /><br />
well, to nitpick, they do&nbsp;<em>address </em>them. and i've often heard the opinions of conservatives represented by guests. most politicians on the right who have actually dealt directly with public radio have found them to be quite fair... BUT i've never heard an actual host without a liberal viewpoint. that's a problem, not to mention their incredibly unfair dismissal of (juan ???).<br />on the whole, radio itself is tilted to conservatives so i can't be too upset about npr. and evryone loves the programming.