Dirt Cheap

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LivGolden

Reaction score
I finally discovered Dollar Tree. I was surprised that everything really is a dollar. And you can find brand food staples and essentials. Very pleased with that. But the store I ran across recently is great! It's called Dirt Cheap. The one I visited was a mess but the bargains on new clothes were amazing. I bought a beautiful Taos coat for a tenth of the list price. Too warm for it now but I will wear it in Winter. There were also books for less than a dollar and food items. Some camping equipment. The merchandise consists of overstock and returns. Definitely worth a visit.  :)

As long as the quality sustains and there is no suspicion of food spoilage risk. Good to go. Some the quality of food is suspect. If it’s all sugar-salt-carb it may not be that good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was pleasantly surprised. At DC I found Puffin and also some gluten-free crackers I usually buy at WF's and they are fine - not outdated. The dog food at DT is a very good one and comes in small bags for travel. It's FarmHouse; Simply 6 - no grain and she loves it. There was a lot of junk food at. Both stores but I pass those by.

The 99 cents store in the SW is another place to find brand names for $.99

I went to a dollar store the other day and bought a pop for $1.89 then paid tax on top of that. Seriously, that is what the cost was. I don't think they're very good at math.

I LOVE dirt cheap. Also look for Ollie's and Bargain Hunt. All these stores are generally found in the East half of the country. Good deals on clothes and food, but be sure to dig through the junk! Summer things I've bought for next to nothing: DVDs, spray paint, batteries, lights, books, plastic bins/drawers, tools, tarps, camp chairs, housewares, and more. There's other chains too, like Mike's Merchandise in the northern Alabama area. They have times of tools and hardware. Electrical, plumbing, mechanical.

I often Google "bargain outlets near me" when in in a new area.

Too bad Dirt Cheap isn't in my neck of the desert.

At Dollar Tree you get what you pay for — or sometimes less. I got aluminum foil there that was so thin it tore just trying to unroll it. But I'll get things like cleaning products there.

Funny you should post this as I just left a DC. This DC was more like a GAP outlet. I mean everything was GAP and it was not inexpensive as the other DC's I've come across. Still DC appears to be the state flower in Texas and I plan on visiting a few more on my way West. Nice when you find a bargain. :rolleyes: