Custom headliner

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobilesport

Reaction score
Ok , I found a sheet of this white stuff at Menards , I made a headliner out of it down the center ,  any advice on what to fill in the section between my upper cabinets and the new headliner?
I was thinking of glueing speaker carpet in there , any suggestions?

It's really hard to make any sense out of what we're seeing in your photos which is probably why you haven't had any suggestions. Can you post a clearer photo? How wide is the gap between your headliner and your cabinets? It might be easier to buy another piece for white paneling and run them the other way with a seam in the center.

@ tony & karen 
Thanks for responding , this is a thing I have to get figured out .
The space is 7inch wide and 7 ft long .
I cant use paneling in this section because its the actual fiberglass roof and so its not flat .
So I need some kind of material the will flex and go with the shape of the roof , I think speaker carpet would work but most speaker carpet is grey , it would be nice to have a material that looks like it belongs on the ceiling and preferably white
The first photo shows this area the best ,, disregard the second photo.

Mobilesport said:
I was thinking of glueing speaker carpet in there , any suggestions?

Carpet would be my choice for an irregular surface but I'd go with a color that contrasts the white panel.

Just my old 2 cents worth.

Matlock said:
Carpet would be my choice for an irregular surface but I'd go with a color that contrasts the white panel.

Just my old 2 cents worth.

Interesting thought but I was thinking that may make my ceiling look smaller , I'll stick some painted cardboard up there to get a idea , thanks

How about paint? I think it was at Lowes that I saw a wall paint that dries with a suede like texture, It was either Valspar Brushed Suede Paint or Ralph Lauren Suede Paint...It ain't cheap......with the textured finish maybe the imperfections in the fiberglass wouldn't show because the paint wouldn't be shiney. It can also be tinted, I think.
I  know zero about painting fiberglass  Just an Idea                                                    
                                                    Texas Jbird

Tjaybird said:
How about paint? I think it was at Lowes that I saw a wall paint that dries with a suede like texture, It was either Valspar Brushed Suede Paint or Ralph Lauren Suede Paint...It ain't cheap......with the textured finish maybe the imperfections in the fiberglass wouldn't show because the paint wouldn't be shiney. It can also be tinted, I think.
I  know zero about painting fiberglass  Just an Idea                                                    
                                                    Texas Jbird

Yes , that's about exactly what I need , I'll talk to the pain department
Tha

You could look at using a vinyl upholstery material.  A shop may have a scrap that would be big enough.  Also a fabric outlet that carries vinyl could have a remnant.