Converting a van to a mobile shop/store need ideas, pictures etc.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterA

Reaction score
Has anyone ever done a conversion to a mobile store, shop or showroom. &nbsp;I have an Iveco Daily van that is tall enough for me to stand up in. &nbsp;At the moment we have a few shelves in it and a parts rack on the other side.<br><br>I would like to fit it out with maybe a bench all along the drivers side with cupboards and drawers. &nbsp;On the passenger side a similar setup maybe.<br><br>Was maybe thinking of using clear perspex on the top of the bench so that it would be like a display case. &nbsp;I have seen some interior photos of the snap on tools truck, but I have not seen or managed to find any photos of many other vans fitted out with a shop in the back.<br><br>So I was wondering if any members here have done or seen, or can point me with some links to websites that show these type of builds.<br><br>My main issue at the moment is that, <br><br>1. &nbsp;It needs to be organised more <br>2. &nbsp;Customers can not get into the van as there is too much stuff lying around.<br><br>Peter

I don't have any pictures myself.&nbsp; I would suggest looking on ebay and craigslist.&nbsp; I have seen similar type vehicles on those sites fairly regularly.&nbsp; You might search for rv's that are set up as mobile businesses too.&nbsp; There will probably be more of them to find.&nbsp; You will just have to scale down to fit in your vehicle.&nbsp; I'm not sure what kind of items you are trying to sell, but I think your idea is a good one.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>A cabinet with a display case above it would be a good use of space.&nbsp; I'd line the walls behind that with metal pegboard.&nbsp; You could also line the wall on the other side of the vehicle.&nbsp; Use the locking pegs and you'd be able to make a good well organized display that won't fall out when you move the vehicle.&nbsp; If you use metal pegboard, you can make magnetic labels easily.&nbsp; Magnetic labels are available for inkjet printers.&nbsp; You could make nice labels that can be moved around as needed when your displayed items change.&nbsp;