Coachmen Starflyte?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iplayguitarintheshower

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So I'm curious if anyone has any knowledge regarding these rare creatures..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-COACHM...NLY-30-180-MILES-CLEAN-AND-NICE-/112004474958
or
http://www.paulsherryrvs.com/rv/piqua+oh/coachmen+classb/1323/coachmen+starflyte+

I was originally looking for a normal Class B Falcon style camper van, but thinking I might want something slightly larger, yet still drives like a van. Not to mention, the Great West models Ive been looking at are like 2x as expensive, so I've been researching the Coachmen Starflytes as another option.

Did these things get good reviews? Anyone ever own one? Apparently it comes in 3 layouts with this one being the 2nd most rare. The most common model has the couches all along the drivers side. Looking for reasons to either pull the trigger or avoid these models, so insight is appreciated.

Yes, they did get good reviews. They are few and far between too! I think they really use the space efficiently. In something older, the most important thing is the care that they have had. If the inside looks like they didn't give a crap about the unit, they probably didn't care about maintenance either.

You can "google" for reviews and a few things will come up.

I saw a few reviews from sites like this and people either loved them or hated them, which is why I wanted to ask here.

I love the openness of the unit. Its only 2 feet longer than the Class B vans, yet feels so much more roomy. Some models even have the TV cabinets removed and an overcab bed placed. These things have some great potential, just so rare and unknown!

I really like that model floor plan with the bed. Do you know the size of the holding tanks? Length of bed in those? I wonder if the ground clearance is the same as most class b's?

The bed is a normal full i believe. not quite a queen. holding tanks are fairly large from what i have heard. Ground clearance is the same too from the looks of it

The fact that all people at some time in there lives get wanderlust and throw money at it just to realize it's not for them create this phenomena of low mile house on wheels market, something to exploit for sure. Reviews are what they are, people talking about their experiences and should be taken as just that. Can be very misleading.