Cinnamon Roll Knock-Offs, Van Style

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanFan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We love cinnamon rolls in a tube--especially with watermelon--and can bake them to perfection in our Ovenette. They are expensive. They are full of junk. We will eat them all in one sitting.

An option: Mix up some pancake batter. We like Kodiak Cakes cut with Krusteaz. Add pecans, if you like. Start one in a skillet, then gently stir a lot of cinnamon on top. Fold over (like a quesadilla), smoosh (tech term) a little and cook on both sides until done in the middle.

Easy frosting: A little melted butter (1/4 to 1/2 tbs., maybe), a bit of vanilla (less than 1/4 tsp. should do), some confectioners sugar (1/8 to 1/4 cup), and a little milk mixed together is all you need.

Yum.

We love cinnamon rolls in a tube--especially with watermelon--and can bake them to perfection in our Ovenette. They are expensive. They are full of junk. We will eat them all in one sitting.

An option: Mix up some pancake batter. We like Kodiak Cakes cut with Krusteaz. Add pecans, if you like. Start one in a skillet, then gently stir a lot of cinnamon on top. Fold over (like a quesadilla), smoosh (tech term) a little and cook on both sides until done in the middle.

Easy frosting: A little melted butter (1/4 to 1/2 tbs., maybe), a bit of vanilla (less than 1/4 tsp. should do), some confectioners sugar (1/8 to 1/4 cup), and a little milk mixed together is all you need.

Yum.
Sounds yummy! wonder if I also added a small bit of grated apple...
I made a new rule. If I eat something it has to have something healthy in it. As in a tiny bit of apple in a cinnamon roll.

I also added a small bit of grated apple...
I made a new rule. If I eat something it has to have something healthy in it.
Ooh yes! Apples sound good. (Our teeny, tiny healthful bit is the whole grain mix. And watermelon. Truthfully, though, I think the roll is just a frosting delivery system.)

Apples, raisins, cranberries and maybe whole wheat flour. Ok now we are going over the top as far as healthy!

I have a deep skillet with a lid that has a steam vent. i can stovetop bake on low heat bake biscuits and cinnamon buns from a tube in it. I also make cornbread and cookies from a mix. Plus use biscuit mix to create fluffy dumplings cooked on top of canned Progresso brand soups. The vegetable beef soup turns into beef stew with dumplings and is very tasty done that way.