Cheapest iPhone - jailbroken

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offroad

Reaction score
For those fans of IPHONES the least expensive source I found is VIRGIN MOBILE. Yes it costs $350 to $450 to buy either an iPhone 4 or 4s. But then you can get $30 per month phone bill with unlimited text and data. Yes VIRGIN does not have VERIZON coverage when using cell towers. But you get to pay 1/3 the cost per month. and you can use WIFI for phone calls with a VOIP application like Skype.

Just bought one and jailbroke it in five minutes. You don't need to jailbreak but I did for Tweeks and performance changes I like to have.

Buying a used sprint/AT&T/Verizon iPhone still means you have to pay there $60 to $100 per month plans.

Also had been suggested to use a AT&T iPhone legally unlocked and put in a SIMM card. Problem with that is the small cellphone providers reselling these connections can do voice calls. But trying to get text and data connectivity is like pulling teeth. Small small cellphone companies seem to not be able to get the SIMM cards running data properly. Nor text either.

You can also buy an iPhone at Wal-mart on their Straight-talk mobile. The phone is $349 and the plan cost $45 a month. Unlimited text,talk,and data. They use Verizon towers,so service is excellent. I was at the RTR and had full signal the whole time I was there in the desert.

How about eBay factory unlocked G3s and a go phone account 10 cents a minute. Only people I care about git the number.. like having a phone booth in your pocket.

OnTheRoadAgain said:
I was told Walmart straight-talk uses sprint
<br><br>Not sure about iphone but the androids can use sprint, AT&amp;T or Verizon depending on the model. They aren't rerally unlimited data anyway. It's a bold faced lie. Net10 has admitted now that the "unlimited" now means 1.5GB on AT&amp;T SIMs. I expect Verizon devices on straight talk to follow soon.