Cheap futon option...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilcofan

Reaction score
That looks interesting. Thanks for the link. It might get pretty chilly in the areas I am going so I am going to need all the comfort I can find. 

some big Russian dude farted all over that.<br>

possibly work as a pad for a single mattress.its a lot cheaper then the memory foam.<br>

Speaking of futons , I have the one that is a couch and turns into a bed , kinda curious if that would fit into a cargo van , has anyone tried this ? Just trying to get ideas for a bed & a place to sit .

Thanks , germanbug72

Germanbug72 said:
Speaking of futons , I have the one that is a couch and turns into a bed , kinda curious if that would fit into a cargo van , has anyone tried this ? Just trying to get ideas for a bed &amp; a place to sit . <br><br>Thanks , germanbug72
<br><br>If you had come to the RTR 2012 there was two futons in new shape pulled out of vans and they were free for the taking... me I scored a new drivers seat worth about $400.00 for free and is installed as we speak... There were deals galore, just gotta get out and find them...<br>

Those were not futons, they were van bench seats that turned into beds.<br><br><br>

Symantics Blars... A fold out bed is better than a pad anytime and for free is even better...<br><br>
blars said:
Those were not futons, they were van bench seats that turned into beds.<br>

&nbsp;I started off with a single size air mattress but it started leaking in about a month and it used up a lot more space than I wanted so I got a baby crib mattress($39 at Walmart). I store a couple of extra blankets at the foot of it with a thin piece of foam over top of them to level it up. Cheaper, the size I really want, won't spring a leak in the middle of the night, and a little more storage<br>