• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Can I buy some qualified advice?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mm1920

Reaction score
I just bought a Bluetti AC200 and 4 Dokio 300w panels and want to learn what I need to do to hook things up right without buying the wrong connectors and wire size & length and even if I can use my panels with the unit I bought. I don't wanna wreck anything. I'm very unelectrical. Reply or give me a call at 262-323-1552 to discuss price. Thanks. Here's the specs on what I bought.

Bluett1 AC200 - 2000w 1700 wh
AC Adapter (Included): 400W

Solar Panel (Not Included): 35-150v/Max.700W,Max12A

Dokio 300w solar panels - I have 4

Specification
Maximum Power: 300W
Optimum Operating Current: 17.78A
Optimum Operating Voltage: 18V
Short-Circuit Current: 18.03A
Open-Circuit Voltage: 22.5V
Maximum System Voltage: 600V DC (UL)Specification

Where are you? If you ask specific questions you will learn all you need on this forum, no cost.

I didn't know what a Bluetti was, so I asked my google...

Hey, that's a rather pricey power pack unit...but you will only be able to use one of your panels, it's limited to 700 watts total solar input, and/or 12 amps. (you might even need to use two 200 watt panels in series instead, the 300w panels are showing about 18 amps, but it's rare that the full output is available)

Looks like the Bluetti uses XT90 connector input, so you need an MC4 (solar panel standard) to XT90 adapter cable to use ONE solar panel with it.

Let us know what you plan to do with your three extra panels!

Weight said:
Where are you? If you ask specific questions you will learn all you need on this forum, no cost.

Where should i ask?

For that kind of money you can buy batteries and an Inverter, and have a better system.

Scanning that Bluetti website, it looks like the unit you have comes with the MC4 to XT90 adapter for one panel.

Do the solar panels you bought have plastic connectors (MC4) on the cables or are they just wires?

If they have the MC4 connectors, you probably have a 'plug n play' system (using one panel) but one thing DOES need to be checked to make sure, and that is the polarity of the MC4 connectors...the positive and negative arrangement needs to be verified before plugging it all together.

Isn't 12 amps a lot less than 700 watts? Seems like confusing max. input figures there.

Yes, for a lower voltage panel, but if higher voltage panel is used, or 2 or 3 (or possibly 4) panels in series, up to the 150 V max, then you can have higher total wattage but still remain at 12 amps or less. 

The unit the OP has listed shows to have an MPPT charge controller on board, so it is able to accept higher voltages (panels in series) than a typical PWM controller.

tx2sturgis said:
Yes, for a lower voltage panel, but if higher voltage panel is used, or 2 or 3 (or possibly 4)  panels in series, up to the 150 V max, then you can have higher total wattage but still remain at 12 amps or less. 

The unit the OP has listed shows to have an MPPT charge controller on board, so it is able to accept higher voltages (panels in series) than a typical PWM controller.

You are right as I can tell, but all these voltages and wattages change depending on weather conditions and trying to understand how to determine what will work and when is where the difficulty comes in. I'd rather just pay someone who really knows this stuff well.

Got a response from power station company who say excess power will not affect use, it will just be wasted.

Jimindenver (group member name) is a member of this forum who does professiona,l hourly fee, consulting on solar systems.his phone number is 720-435-5666

Email is [email protected]

I do know him in person, pleasant person to deal with.