Can F250 Bed Loops Be Used For Tie-Downs?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squid

Reaction score
I have a super duty f250 4x4 short box with a bed liner but it has these oval holes in all four far corners on the floor which open up to a strong metal loop in each hole.  Are these suitable for tie-downs for a 1800 lb truck camper (slide in)? Thank-you

as far as I know, no. those are made to tie down cargo. they make kits to tie down campers they tie into the frame. just thought of this, some do tie into the bed. highdesertranger

Look under the bed and see how those loops are attached...is it the vehicle frame or are they attached only to the floor of the bed?

I've recently seen some lightweight campers that do attach to the cargo tie-downs....but I'd make sure even those are secured to the frame.

Pictures of what you are talking about.

Are they part of the bed and attached to the bed, or attached to the frame.

Pics are needed, but I want to say I wouldn't. It's smart you are using a cautious approach.

highdesertranger said:
as far as I know,  no.  those are made to tie down cargo.  they make kits to tie down campers they tie into the frame.  just thought of this,  some do tie into the bed. highdesertranger

I agree, too unknown so I had tiedowns installed with a bed plug-in.  I'm trying to be cautious in my approach.