Build a camper or slide in kit

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyndi

Reaction score
<a href="http://www.tealinternational.com/TealCamper/Info.html" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.tealinternational.com/TealCamper/Info.html</a><br><br><p class="sidebarHeader" align="center"><em>"VERY LIGHT WEIGHT </em></p><p align="center"><em><span class="small">Can be pulled by most SUVs and some small cars. The Teal <strong>Tail Feather</strong> Camper weighs between 450 - 500 pounds. Combined with a utility trailer it is usually less than 1,000 lbs., making it one of the lightest campers on the market with stand-up headroom. </span></em></p><p align="center"><em><a href="http://www.tealinternational.com/TealCamper/trailers.html" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"><span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">click here for Utility Trailer FAQs</span></a></em></p><p class="sidebarHeader" align="center"><em>SHIPS TO YOUR DOOR</em></p><p align="center"><em>We ship LTL to your door or you can save by picking your order up at the carrier's dock.</em></p><div align="center"><p class="sidebarHeader"><em>QUICK ASSEMBLY</em></p><p class="small"><em>Assemble in 60 to 90 minutes using a phillips screw driver. Each part weighs 20 lbs or less so it's easy to handle. Instructions are clear and user friendly.</em></p><p class="sidebarHeader"><em>STORE AWAY WHEN NOT IN USE</em></p><p class="small"><em> Teal <strong>Tail Feather</strong> Camper panels assemble and disassemble quickly and easily. They nest together so take a small area for storage. Each panel is designed to interlock with the next. </em></p></div><div align="center"><p class="sidebarHeader"><em>HAVE IT YOUR WAY </em></p><p class="small"><em>Choose the number of Teal <strong>Tail Feather</strong> Camper panels, how many windows, and accessories. Customize the interior yourself or select Teal Camper modules such as bed, table and cabinets. </em></p></div><div align="center"><p class="sidebarHeader"><em>VERSATILITY </em></p><p style="text-align: left;"><span class="small"><em>The Teal <strong>Tail Feather</strong> Camper is not just for your utility trailer, use it as a pickup camper too. It comes equipped with tiedown rings inside and out making it perfect for hauling motorcycles, ATV's, and other equipment and supplies"</em><br><br>Full Camper kits start at $7300.00<br>Slide-in start at $3672.00</span></p></div>

&nbsp;I wonder what the interior width is. Didn't see it on their website, but maybe I'm just temporarily braindead. Would make for a pretty skookum slide-in camper, especially with the 10' units (extra length makes up for the lack of an over-cab bed). Would think that they'd be pretty aerodynamic too, as well as light, and could lead to a savings on fuel. Now.. to dig up the bux. ..Willy.

Looks like a Nice idea. Going to bookmark. Wonder how well it would work as a slide in. Will probably need one in about two years. Two years should be just enough time to research.

It's held together with a security strap? Or have I misread that?

&nbsp;Looks to be a cinch strap of some sort. Still 'n all, with the price of an older camper being so cheap, it would be hard to swallow that price. ..Wily.

Agreed. A shell is neither difficult nor expensive to build rither

&nbsp;I'm thinking of dropping my camper for the summer and buying/building a nice 'n light camperette for the summer. I'f I'm lucky, I'll find an old Alaskan camper. ..Willy.