Brainstorm Proposal for Rural Hospital Capacity

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLTooley

Reaction score
Brainstorm proposal:

Create field hospitals, possibly military, in select rural areas, including SW Colorado, S Utah, and Northern AZ. These hospitals could also serve the full time van and RV dwellers in these communities who have not been properly considered in many public orders. 

Preliminarily I would suggest Montezuma County Colorado, behind the Rest Area or at Bradfield Bridge; Bullfrog Lake Powell Marina in South Utah; and the State Land on Bill Gray Road just outside Cottonwood AZ.

Sounds like something for the State National Guards. AAMOF, I just checked google, and seems Nevada just activated their NG.  The guy in the Fox5 article says they are trained for this sort of thing. Do a google search on "national guard".

FB, thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I see anything new there. Things mentioned either have been done, are currently being done (like setting up multi-level facilities to treat the 3 different affected groups), or  else people everywhere are screaming because they're not being done quickly enough (more testing, more PPEs, and more equipment). Maybe I missed something ???

The big problem is that intervention started way too late, and there wasn't adequate plans or resources to start with, so right now they're running as they fast can to catch up where things are out of control (NY, MI, LA, NJ). At this point, it seems like best thing for everyone "else" to do might be to mobilize local and state resources to prevent even more places from getting out of control. Basically what DLT mentioned.