Bollinger Motors B2 pickup

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this chassis with the body off at the LA car show.  Impressive vehicle... decent engineering on the frame and suspension, but all electric and limited in range.  Makes me wonder how much solar would be needed to recharge it?  Might be just the thing for roaming around in the post-apocalyptic desert.

120 more miles range than my Rav4

it says 200mile range. are you saying your Rav4 only has a 80 mile range?

what I don't understand is the 70.2MPG, what's that about?

highdesertranger

They are not manufacturing trucks for sale at this time. They may never make it to market. I imagine that they are currently trying to line up government loans and private equity financing.

At least the deposits are marketed as "refundable", though dependent on available cash reserves leftover after they reimburse creditors when they collapse.

"And it's gone."

HDR, That figure is for "MPGe". You may need to squint to see the small 'e'.
From wikipedia:
"Miles per gallon gasoline equivalent is a measure of the average distance traveled per unit of energy consumed."

It's new fangled thing to equate electric vehicles to gasoline/diesel.

200 miles. 100 out and 100 back. Perfect for Cyndi's 2 hour driving time limit.

Bollinger Reveals Price For B1 And B2 Electric Truck/SUV: $125,000 seems a bit steep for a couple motors and a battery.

This segment is happening. Rivian may be the most established. Their initial base price is 70k

FWIW there are Tesla’s now approaching 500k miles.

The Tesla pickup is being revealed November 21st. It is not in production yet. The Rivian claims 400 mile range. My main concern is range under load. There is also the Atlis which is  to be manufactured in Arizona.