Best Stealth Van Conversion I've Seen...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananafish

Reaction score
Maybe some of you have already come across this, the interior layout is somewhat similar to what I'm planning, bed across the back with storage access via the back doors. But this guy spared nothing when building this, keep scrolling to the bottom and click 'older posts' to see construction progress from the start...<div><br></div><div>http://stealthcamper.blogspot.com/</div>

<P>Seems like it would be easier and even cheaper to buy a used class B. Definitely impressive though.</P>

He did a nice job. I wonder about the availability and cost of Class Bs in England. This way, he got exactly what he wanted.

I think the non access from the driving area to the living area kills stealth a bit though.<div><br></div><div>You don't see Class Bs here in the UK</div>

It is a beautiful job - one of the best I've ever seen. Still, I would echo the comment of bananafish: I don't care for the lack of access from driving area to living area. Even if stealth isn't a concern, that was my biggest complaint between the vans I've owned and the trucks with a cap. Without driving access, you've got to exit each time which may not preferable for reasons of stealth, security, or weather. <br>

I agree with some posts on here... Seems easier just to get a used class B. And that lack of access from the driver's side doesn't make sense to me. Might as well have kept that passage open. Unless he got the van with a wall already installed... Yeah... lack of driver's access is a minus for me. Great build though.&nbsp;

<p>didn't read any of it just looked at the pics. but was wondering with all that added what&nbsp;kind of&nbsp;gas mileage there getting.&nbsp;looked like alot of weight</p>

My guess is he was probly getting around 13-15 highway. The weight taken off by removing seats might have balanced out a little.

Latest posts