Best sites and apps to sell Kodiak Inergy generator and Copper 0AWG cables?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mspriusV

Reaction score
Hi, everyone.

I am needing suggestions on where all I can sell the following items of mine:

1. Kodiak Inergy generator
1100 watt Lithium battery
. 1500 WH
Recharges by Solar, AC, DC options

2. Copper 0AWG cables
has Circuit breaker switch
with 200 Amph fuse
extra long - 7-8' long approximately

I am in Silicon Valley area of California between San Francisco and Santa Cruz. No, I don't want to mess with mailing the generator for legality issues with the size of the lithium battery(ies) in it and don't care to mess with shipping either with the cables, too.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P.S. Here are photos of the items, if that helps anyone.

bc7c43f49ca73b9c76c24374d843d356.jpg
cae431f94d81c852f61282cee21c0905.jpg
39930a3d98a3c853b07795b07f4fa2d4.jpg
5bc1f9de259215d465583345e5c4b9d2.jpg
1c0b85e971cdcdcb9efb38a795714a40.jpg
96fe01465f68b250841ac4b566573d2f.jpg

If you can’t sell it here or through similar a pawnshop or flea market are your best options.

Verifying the quality of the battery is a major problem in selling used at a decent price. Prices of new are also dropping.

Its a generator but has batteries? Does it have an engine to charge the batteries? I dont need the batteries just the generator. How many running watts?

Generator uses a massive photon engine. I am sure you have seen it.

You mean electrons? all generators produce electrons as opposed to a battery that merely stores them.

No, this is one of those misnamed "solar generators," which more correctly can be referred to as "power stations."

craigslist is always a option.

It might be good to say what you are expecting to get out of your items.

swlands said:
Generator uses a massive photon engine. I am sure you have seen it.

Elbear1 said:
You mean electrons? all generators produce electrons as opposed to a battery that merely stores them.

You probably call it "sun". It uses solar panels to collect the energy "generated", stores energy in a battery, has plug in outlets for power that then drain the battery. You can walk around with it, set it up at a camp site, work site etc.

what everybody is splitting hairs over is that unless it came with the solar panels as part of the original package it's not a generator at all. these companies are misrepresenting their products.

however after saying that, many people like not having to piece together a system for whatever reason, which I won't get into here.

highdesertranger

I have the newer version, the Apex. You should be able to sell that in a hot minute on craigslist or next door or such if your price is reasonable and it is in good shape. I'm not in Cali, or I'd consider adding a second one myself and split my panels out into two batches. But without the proprietary panels, it's only chargeable via a wall outlet - and I see you do at least have that power pack.

Really, you shouldn't have any problem selling them if you price them right, on nearly any selling site.

I have installed solar on a few vans for a Kodiak. The people were thrilled that it had everything they needed in such a simple small footprint. I considered making EC8 to MC4 adapters so that the proprietary panels were not needed with the Apex too but I do not think that the market is there to make it worth while.

SheketEchad said:
  But without the proprietary panels, it's only chargeable via a wall outlet - 

Inergy sells an adapter to use standard panels (with MC4 connectors) right on their website...it's $25.

AuricTech said:
No, this is one of those misnamed "solar generators," which more correctly can be referred to as "power stations."

Yes, AuricTech is right.

It was able to be recharged by Solar panels, AC plug, and for non-hybrids (or at least not Prius v) also by DC plug into car's cigarette outlet. It still recommend it to others but with the fact that it depends on the person's usage, setup, spatial limits, weight carrying limits, and how rugged it needs to be.

I sold my Kodiak Inergy generator/power station. So now, it leaves just the cables to get sold.

highdesertranger said:
what everybody is splitting hairs over is that unless it came with the solar panels as part of the original package it's not a generator at all. these companies are misrepresenting their products.

however after saying that, many people like not having to piece together a system for whatever reason, which I won't get into here.

highdesertranger

I actually recharged mine via only the AC plug, since I never broke down and got solar panels for it for a few different reasons, and since my Prius v's converter in its engine causes the Inergy's peak energy flow at the beginning until in full Power Mode in car to be too much for the car and thus blow a fuse. Very easy and quick fix, but I got the Prius v partially to save some on gasoline costs. Yes, that's part of why I have been told my Prius v only has a 45 cold cranking AGM aka golf cart sized battery.

In a couple or few years, I might set up a solar system, but first I need to upgrade to enough room internally and roof wise to properly set up such a system. Even with having tried an inverter hooked straight up to AGM car battery with the circuit switch for hair dryer options, I learned my car just is not big enough for my cross country trips with it and frankly would still have to be in Full Power Mode to work hair dryer on high or blow a fuse.

Do I still love my Prius v? Yes, but probably for another year and half to two, when I should be ready to customize my own van build.

Hth.

Of course, once I sold it finally off of Craigslist for a nice bit cheaper than I really wanted to, I got a few more interested emails. I am happy to have it sold and to a guy that is just getting ready to become a Vehicular dweller. It's a learning and ever changing process.

Good to hear you got it sold. I gave up on blow dryers when I saw the draw (and flat irons, curling irons and...lol) I do carry hot rollers but mostly my hair is just up in a clip, doing it's messy thing.