bed

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canine

Reaction score
We've been home for 3 wks now and aren't sleeping very well.Molly is the first dog we've ever had that slept on the bed with us.We have a standard full size bed and to paraphrase the guy in "Jaws""we're gonna need a bigger bed".We've tried to get her to sleep on the couch or on her bed in front of the stove.Unh uhh,aint gonna happen.She needs human contact.So,yesterday we finally faced facts and ordered a new queen sized foam mattress.We'll donate the present bed to the humane society and I'll build a platform for the new mattress.I never did like headboards and footboards anyway.Just another of those little projects to do before we hit the road again in June.Don't forget to hug your dog today.

Bob Dickerson said:
We've been home for 3 wks now and aren't sleeping very well.Molly is the first dog we've ever had that slept on the bed with us.We have a standard full size bed and to paraphrase the guy in "Jaws""we're gonna need a bigger bed".We've tried to get her to sleep on the couch or on her bed in front of the stove.Unh uhh,aint  gonna happen.She needs human contact.So,yesterday we finally faced facts and ordered a new queen sized foam mattress.We'll donate the present bed to the humane society and I'll build a platform for the new mattress.I never did like headboards and footboards anyway.Just another of those little projects to do before we hit the road again in June.Don't forget to hug your dog today.

The good thing about platform beds is the storage space under them. I have plywood top on my platform bed cut in 2 pieces so I can access the storage without having to lift the whole thing off. It was either that or invest in gas shocks and hinges and, and.

I don't have a dog any more to give a hug to so give yours' an extra one for me. But for most of 35 years I slept with a collie bed partner. It wasn't bad except for the snoring.... :D Him...not me... :rolleyes:

at home my dog always has slept on a kids twin on a handmade platform that my mattress was also on, so we were like one big bed, in the van, she just jams herself next to me...good heater!! Although should I have company down the road I too will need another bed, next to the bed. :D

Bob Dickerson said:
He was the one that was snoring???That's your story and you are sticking to it.

Darn right he was. Actually I've had 2 collies that snored... :D

The worst snoring scared the living daylights out of me...I was camped in an older RV park in Ohio where all the campsites were nestled back in the trees around a large central open field. During the week there might be one or two other campsites occupied but most of the sites were weekenders. There were a couple of security lights but no light reached back into my little 'nest' in the forest. Once my outside lights were turned off it was darker than dark back there. One night I was woken from a sound sleep by a noise. I was ready to lay on the horn to call for emergency assistance when I realized the noise was coming from inside my van...it was Robbie snoring away to beat the band... :rolleyes:

When MacKenzie snored, nudging him and saying 'roll over dear' did NOT work. You had to shove him hard to get him to stop.

Yes, I've been told I snore but I've never woken myself up... :D :D

Sometimes at night, I'm awakened by what I think at first is an earthquake. Then I realize it's my Mastiff having a dream. Thankfully he does not snore. If he has an itch, that can be mistaken for someone pounding on the door. His bed is the dinette dropped down to a bed. Who needs a table anyway?

Here's a situation where it's good to have a small dog. My eight pound baby fits in any bed with me. We can even share a cot in a tent.

And dog hugged!

Good thing Margie is a shorty. Bindi likes to sleep below her feet on the corner of the bed. Since Margie is gone up to Oregon for a while, Bindi is all over that side of the bed.
I don't mind tho...gives me contact with my other best friend.

Doggie hugs are some of the best parts of the day :)

I sleep in my dogs bed.
2014 004.JPG
highdesertranger

Attachments

• 2014 004.JPG
    2014 004.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 15
highdesertranger said:
I sleep in my dogs bed.

highdesertranger

I often thought the same thing.... :D

The command 'move over' should have been taught while still a little puppy. Old dogs CAN learn new tricks but the move over mostly meant ignore mom she can fit on the edge... :rolleyes:

Almost There said:
I often thought the same thing.... :D

The command 'move over' should have been taught while still a little puppy. Old dogs CAN learn new tricks but the move over mostly meant ignore mom she can fit on the edge... :rolleyes:

Bella has her own pillow and blanket for her side of the bed, and although she usually falls asleep before I do, on MY side, when I tell her to get on her pillow, she moves over, and looks over her shoulder at me until I put her blanket on her. Sometimes she grumbles about it, but if she doesn't move, I threaten her with "feet are coming!" When she hears that, she usually jumps up, barks, and moves to her side of the bed. "Feet are coming" means I'll slip a foot under the blankets and wiggle it toward her, which freaks her out, so that's like the worst threat possible. lol