Awesome camping just East of Gallup

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osanmat

Reaction score
Spending a few days here at the Quaking Aspen National Forest Campground just East of Gallup NM. It’s only $5 per day, (less for certain pass holders), but it’s a great spot with the current weather, (70s in the day, high 40s at night). Only problem isthey are closing this pay campsite on Sept 17th, so you will have to get here soon!

Sounds great. Another nearby alternative in the Gallup area is the Red Rock City Park at Church Rock, NM. Only $10 for a site with no hookups. Includes showers. It is located in a spectacular red rock setting. No grass, but the site has trees, offering shade in hot weather.

Awesome VanForNow, thanks for the tip, I’m camped there now for three days. It’s a bit warmer than the previous site, but I’m a bit closer to supplies here at the state park. I love the welcome that has been provided in these forums, thanks again everyone!

If you are headed for Arizona on I-40, check out McHood Park in Winslow Arizona. You can stay there for free for 2 weeks! No hookups no facilities, but fairly close to town for supplies.
It's an old RV park type place. Tents, vans, RVs welcome. Nice camp host.

While you're in Winslow, be sure to get your picture taken Standin On The Corner in Winslow Arizona!
- Lisa