Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sl1966

Reaction score
What is the recommended pixel width/height for pictures? It doesn't handle std pics very well nor does it say where you upload them. So far every picture keeps getting squashed.<div><br></div><div>Thanks</div><div>Steve</div>

I didn't notice "squishing" with my avatar picture, i just experienced it with my profile pic. My avater is 300 px x 225 px . Hope that helps. I use InfranView to resize my photos that are too big to load.<br>

steve, i am looking. it specifies the size somewhere, i just have to find it!

okay, on one of the settings pages it says "48 wide" and "48 high" but doesn't specify <i style="font-weight: bold; ">what</i>. i'm still looking, cause that doesn't seem to be the numbers i remember.....<div><br></div><div>ETA: file size (jpeg, etc) 10240 kb</div>

I'm fairly sure the avatar size "48 wide 48 high" refers to Pixels.<div><br></div><div>Hope that helps!</div><div>Hammer</div>

I just changed my avatar to a 48x48 version, seems to look the same as the previous 160x160 version.&nbsp; So it should load faster and use less bandwith on my web server.<br><br>By using my own web server for the image, I get to see how often the threads I post in are looked at and from what IPs.<br><br>The command I used to resize was:<br>convert vik2.jpg -resize 48x48 48x48-vik2.jpg<br>This might help linux users with imagemagick installed, but I don't know if imagemagick is available for windows or mac.<br><br>Anyone have a clue why quick reply stopped working for me?<br><br>