Any Veterans on the road?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno

Reaction score
How do you get your medications while traveling? Mine are currently mailed to my home address, but I'll be gone from there soon.<br><br>How about continuing medical care? There must be hundreds of VA Medical Centers around the country. How does that work for travelers?<br><br>Any other tips? Thanks...<br><br>~Reno

Hi Reno, I a vet and&nbsp;receive all my medical through the VA. I had asked this question to my doctor and he said I can go to ANY VA in the USA and receive care, including my scripts. I doubled up on my scripts before I hit the road (ask your doctor to help, tell him you are hitting the road for a while) and as yet, I haven't the need to go to a VA Medical center, but it is reassuring that if I need to, even for my scripts, I can go to ANY VA hospital.&nbsp;

Hi Reno...I am in the same boat. When I leave home for a couple of months I talk to my veteran's liaison lady and she gets me a couple months in advance. Also see if you can get your meds in 90 day increments.Some they won't do that with...my inhalors are the problem for me...expensive I guess &nbsp; and they think I'll die and have too many...LOL<br><br>I have gone to VA's in other states whej I run out of meds and they give them to me...they will always see you through the sick-call center...<br>Bri

I'm retired military and a disabled vet. You can use any VA for your med care. I use a mail forwarding service and get my prescriptions sent to me periodically. Most VA hospitals have walk-in appointments at their Primary Care Clinics.

I'm a vet. I'm registered in TX, NM, AZ and CA. I can be seen at any VA hospital or clinic in those states. I get my meds at any VA hospital pharmacy. Right now I'm on a job assignment in one area and they have a VA clinic in the area and my meds are being mailed to me.<br><br>VanGirl

Latest posts