any Atlanta stealth campers?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furryshoes

Reaction score
I live in Birmingham and am gonna start workin in Atlanta a few days at a time and wondered if anybody has any experience urban car campin in the area. I have an itty bitty prius c so I can fit most anywhere. Any n all thoughts welcome 💜

It is not difficult to "stealth camp" in the Atlanta area. Park and ride lots, non gated apartment complexes, Publix parking lots and street parking are all viable options. I spent quite a bit of time this past winter there. In particular, I've used the Indian Creek and Panola Park and Ride lots, East Lake Publix, a few Planet Fitness locations in or just outside the eastern perimeter, and a couple of apartment complexes (I don't remember their exact locations but they were in Dekalb county). My spots were chosen based on proximity to the business I needed to conduct. I think you'll be fine in whatever section of town you want to be in.

It is not difficult to "stealth camp" in the Atlanta area. Park and ride lots, non gated apartment complexes, Publix parking lots and street parking are all viable options. I spent quite a bit of time this past winter there. In particular, I've used the Indian Creek and Panola Park and Ride lots, East Lake Publix, a few Planet Fitness locations in or just outside the eastern perimeter, and a couple of apartment complexes (I don't remember their exact locations but they were in Dekalb county). My spots were chosen based on proximity to the business I needed to conduct. I think you'll be fine in whatever section of town you want to be in.
thank you so much for these suggestions that helps a ton 💜