Alaska. Hello from us to you!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kezzie

Reaction score
Hello all!
Joining in from Alaska. What a wonderful site; a lot of nice folks, and loads of useful info!
Thank you in advance. :shy:
At the mo, we are still somewhat snowbound, yet nothing like last year. It won't be long now that we can get to the truck and campers to release them and us from our winter stillness. For the time being, summer travel plans are being laid. There are places to go and fish to catch!
And now..... I am off to wander about the rest of the forum.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Kezzie! We have quite a few members from Alaska and other cold states so I'm sure find some good advice and also have plenty of tips to share.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

I'll be headed up your way this summer. Welcome to the forum!

Hello all, and thank you for the welcome!
rvwandering, I will check out the tips. Thank you.
The Interior is experiencing some marvelously sunny, warm weather just now that makes me want to take a road trip. Ah, well - it won't be long now.

Welcome. I'm a big fan of Alaska - during the summer...

There's a good chance I'll be heading up there this summer for work at North Pole. I lived up there for 3-4 years back in the 80's. I can actually handle the cold better than the mosquitoes. But maybe they won't like the taste of my blood anymore. Lol I can hope!

Iggy said:
There's a good chance I'll be heading up there this summer for work at North Pole. I lived up there for 3-4 years back in the 80's. I can actually handle the cold better than the mosquitoes. But maybe they won't like the taste of my blood anymore. Lol I can hope!
Are you coming up to work at the Santa House in NP? That is almost the only game in town. :D

Alaska is great, I lived in Nome for six months back in 1991, turned 21 there :) I saw everything, -70 degrees, the Iditarod winner, frozen ocean, 80 degree summer days, it was great. I am from Florida but quickly realized our mosquitoes are tiny compared to Alaska mosquitoes, you'd feel them when they landed on you!

Kezzie said:
Are you coming up to work at the Santa House in NP? That is almost the only game in town. :D
No but I remember that tourist trap. Lol My brother wants to build a new house but has a bad back. I've done construction for 25+ years and am available, so he wants me to help build it. My body is a bit beat up too but this is limited time project not a long term thing. Alaska is a great place to be and the drive up there and back would be a blast.

Welcome! We visited up yonder on a big boat long ago, stunning scenery.

You do tend to see an awful lot of extremes and unusuals if you are here for a bit. And the skeeters are big, but the first wave are also slow and stoopid - easily smacked. The midsummer wave are the kamikazee's. A bit smaller and a whole lot faster. Then, blessedly, we are back into winter! And on a good summer, will have touched 80 less than a handful of days!
Oh! Mentioning the Iditarod - It will start in Fairbanks this year! Anchortown hasn't any snow. Yeh - our 2nd warm winter in a row, and this a dry one as well. Hopefully next winter will see us back on track.

Kezzie said:
You do tend to see an awful lot of extremes and unusuals if you are here for a bit.  And the skeeters are big, but the first wave are also slow and stoopid - easily smacked. The midsummer wave are the kamikazee's. A bit smaller and a whole lot faster. Then, blessedly, we are back into winter! And on a good summer, will have touched 80 less than a handful of days!
Oh! Mentioning the Iditarod - It will start in Fairbanks this year!  Anchortown hasn't any snow. Yeh - our 2nd warm winter in a row, and this a dry one as well. Hopefully next winter will see us back on track.

Kezzie?As in Kezzie and Rob?