Aaaaannnddd we're back! Who's in Northern AZ for a W/E hangout?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be careful of camping within 1/4 mile of a watering hole there. It is against the rules and the rangers will make you move if not get a ticket.

Thx for all the interest and feedback everyone.
Will be there tomorrow afternoon, scope it out and PM everyone a spot, directions or markers.
Thx for the tip B&C.

The Beachcricket is Game for a meet up! I am already on A1 Mountain road exit 190! Let's all meet up! Sounds like a great time to meet!

I checked out the GPS coordinates that Tomcor gave for the summer RTR. It was in the middle of a large stand of trees, so My gps must have been off somehow. Not suitable at all. There was an Arctic Fox TT right there, but no room for any other rigs. So much for my research, lol.

In case you don't find the kind of site you're looking for, there's a big group site near me at Walnut Canyon, just on the other side of Flagstaff. FS marker 9160 G.

Hey Beachcricket! I didn't see you while I was driving through A1 today. It'll be great to see you again!
- Lisa

I think if we all park within a 10 minute walk from the junction that turns North up where the RTR was, we could easily gather at one spot for socializing. I walked up the road yesterday and saw three big tents staking their spots. Not sure what for. I talked to the ranger today and he said no events are planned. There are a couple nice spots near me. PM if interested.

New to the outfit just joined last week, would a newcomer be welcome at y'alls camp. Thought I might go to the Overland Expo on Sunday. Thanks Bill​

Welcome to the tribe Bill, it'll be great to meet you!
I'm going to the Expo on Sunday too. Lots fun in store!
- Lisa

Great to hear from everyone. Have arrived, scoped out the place, found a nice spot for about a dozen rigs, lots of room, decent access. Great weather forecast with lots of sunshine.
PM for directions if you haven't already.
70s, sunshine, view and you!

IMG_20180515_131606-600x1067.jpg

Look for this spot!

Attachments

• IMG_20180515_131606-600x1067.jpg
    IMG_20180515_131606-600x1067.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 12
:cool: that pic wasnt too sharp, let's see if this is better.

IMG_20180515_131606-1728x3072.jpg
Shade, sun, flat, meadow, mountain, blue sky, good company, what more could one ask for?

Attachments

• IMG_20180515_131606-1728x3072.jpg
    IMG_20180515_131606-1728x3072.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
Minivanmotoman said:
Shade, sun, flat, meadow, mountain, blue sky, good company, what more could one ask for?

A sport-bike in the dirt. I bet that's a fun ride. ;)

Totally did not know of this gathering until someone I'm camped near told me about it. In fact minivanmotoman came down on his bike yesterday to where I'm camped at. I'm all set up now but may visit y'all later or you can visit me too.

Does anyone know how and can put a roof fan in?

I'd like to join you all tomorrow, 5-17. Can someone send me coordinates or directions? Thanks, Steve

I am at A1, been here since April 29. Who all is comimg?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Some space available at A1 just before the cattle crossing to the right. Filling up fast! The small dome tent is mine and need to go into town in afternoon. I park a Van there.

I was at Marshal Lake AZ awhile and there were a lot of spaces there!

decatria said:
I'd like to join you all tomorrow,  5/17.  Can someone message me with coordinates or directions?  Thanks,  Steve

The exit from I 40 you want to take(A1 Mountain Road) is  few miles west of Flagstaff.  After you exit you must go north so from the west take a left and from the east take a right. 

You'll pass by some custom homes before the asphalt ends and the dirt road begins.  I found it pleasantly surprising and helpful that even the dirt roads up here have street signs.  Stay on A1 Mountain Road. 

I'm camped with a few others just before the winter gate and the bulk of the gatherers are farther up.  I really don't know where they are but this will get you in the vicinity.

My partner Nancy and I have been camped   at A1 mt road for a week and a half. Will try to find everyone and pop in!

Dropped Pin
https://goo.gl/maps/4kuuoYinpMF2
I found a good spot on Madera Ranch Rd. (A1 mnt rd), 1.1 miles from the interstate, 3 min. Drive. There's more spots further into the forest. 2-3 more joining me on Saturday.
I'm in a silver Travato with a 5x8 cargo trailer with orange kayak. I'm up for get togethers.
Steve