A sad day for arizona :(

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when things like this happen, I worry about what protocols are in place, and well trained, to prevent such tragedies.&nbsp;&nbsp; No firefighter needs to die, and leadership needs to be accountable.&nbsp;&nbsp;Do not think anyone was being rescued, except otehr members of the same team.<br><br>Do I have this wrong?<br>&nbsp;

<span id="post_message_1278573688">Do I have this wrong?</span>
&nbsp; Yes, I think so.&nbsp; These firefighters were exceptionally well trained and it seemed to be a freak wind incident that caused the tragedy.&nbsp;

That's about the most dangerous job you can imagine. Even the best trained can get surprised and trapped. So sad...those people are true heroes.

Mockt - oh, like a fire tornado.&nbsp; unpredictable wind changes.&nbsp;&nbsp; So sad.&nbsp; &nbsp;

&nbsp;&nbsp; I hope you are never any where near a forest fire. Having lived most of my life in and around national forests I have had the misfortune of being caught in two. They are horrific. You are completely at the mercy of nature. Fire is a force unto its self.