A new loner.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Down-by-the-river

Reaction score
Good morning!
I am currently living in a modular home but am building my expedition into a solar powered mini home. 
My landlord who I met 4 years ago has really helped me from time to time. He is dying now so I am helping him with end of life help.  After he passes I will sell everything I don't need and continue my journey. 

I grew up military. It almost hurts to stay in one spot for more than a few months. I like having people to talk to and this place seems to have every little detail covered. 

Eventually it would be really cool to meet others who are able to live this kind of life successfully.  I am a jack of all trades so will figure something out to cover the small expenses I will have. 

Hope everyone has a great day!

Welcome Down by the river to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the CRVL Forums    :)

I like your screen name,  I might have used it myself as I live on the bank of the Ohio River. 
I understand growing up military as Dad was Air Force when I was a kid.  You'll find many of us here
are handy-men/women types so you'll be in good company.  I'd suggest checking out Bob Well's Youtube channel and viewing a trove of tutorials he has for building out Vans, Trailers, and other vehicles.

If you haven't purchased a vehicle yet to build out as your "rig",  there is all kinds of info here that will be helpful.  Not to mention the people here you can talk with about it. 

Below are a couple of links I'd invite you to check out.  The first is about building a simple rig(s).  The second is about planning your travels whether at home or on the road as you travel.  It is a portal of handy info to make your life on the road safer, more comfortable, and more convenient.

All the best   :thumbsup:

Welcome down by the river. Sounds like you’ve got it all planned and I hope it works for you. If you’re ever on the East Coast look me up there’s a few of us lurking over here on the East Coast we’re not all desert rats. I wish I had a thought of a way to write a paper and get somebody to help pay for my rig you must be a very intelligent young person. God bless the nomads no matter where they roam.

Welcome to the forum.. there's a world of adventure out there.. though maybe not the best year for striking up conversations with strangers.

DBTR,

Welcome to the forum.

I predict a positive outcome in your travels as a result of the karma you will attract by helping your landlord at this time.

Guy

Thank you all for the welcome! Its been very busy with home life... Work life.. Home work life.... And building the truck!
I started a website selling furs and feathers for fly tying. Of course it is a slow start but also a pack up and go type business.

I would share the site but am yet to double check rules on that sort of stuff!

I look forward to talking with you all more on other posts!
Be well!