A Facebook rumor about white vans is spreading fear across America

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good grief, I'm no expert on this, but believe that is called "brandishing" in some states, and may be illegal in Oregon.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/b/brandished/
"Federal law defines brandished as, “with reference to a dangerous weapon (including a firearm) means that all or part of the weapon was displayed, or the presence of the weapon was otherwise made known to another person, in order to intimidate that person, regardless of whether the weapon was directly visible to that person".

Call the cops and get the names of the employees, and make sure they keep a copy of the video. Well to do soccer moms aren't immune from law.

I would have thought that concealed carry training that is required in most states would stress an individual's responsibility when carrying a weapon before they issue a permit. I would at least notify them of her vehicle plate number and store that has the video, did anyone ask if she had a permit?

Also, the store should be able to trespass her so she can't come back on the lot. This would be the warning. If she showed up again she would go to jail for trespassing.

bullfrog said:
...vehicle plate number ....
Did not get the plate number, was putting some distance and car bodies between us. I did hear the car peel out, but store  cams had the best view. Sounded like the store was on top of it.  -crofter

B and C said:
Also, the store should be able to trespass her so she can't come back on the lot.  This would be the warning.  If she showed up again she would go to jail for trespassing.
I forgot to mention that crofter should talk to the store manager, and not just the employees who may have witnessed it.

"Security staff came and talked to me while I was shopping and said that they saw it but were unable to keep her out of the parking lot, advised me to find another store to shop at".

In my state, a private business can trespass most anyone from their premises. OTOH, in a lot of malls, the stores don't own the "parking lots" per se, so they they might not be able to trespass someone from that area.

Got to talk to the manager, #1. Make sure they keep the video, #2. I would definitely file a complaint with the local police, #3. Maybe the woman's license plate is on the video.

in California the police won't do a thing about trespassing. they won't even show up. highdesertranger

I would think they would show up for trespassing in California if the person trespassed has a gun. From what I can tell, California hates guns in the hands of us common folk.

OR is very understaffed also, and may not respond to your problem. I think she made a mistake, I'm not going to hunt her down over it. Just be careful out there.   -crofter

Crofter lives in Oregon, I believe. In the state I live in, the store managers have a "special" number they can call to trespass someone, that avoids the 911 system, and the police do come. I was in a store once when it happened.

But crofter has a perfect right to file a complaint with the police on her own. And she has witnesses and cam shots. You just can't let people get away scott free with doing this sort of thing, especially when you've had the wits scared out of you.

crofter said:
OR is very understaffed also, and may not respond to your problem. I think she made a mistake, I'm not going to hunt her down over it. Just be careful out there.   -crofter
I think she made a mistake too. You don't hunt people like that down, you file a complaint, and get the police to do it. This is your right.

It blows my mind that so many including police are acting based on this false statement made on social media. I have never received an amber alert where the vehicle was a white van. Anyone else hear of one?   -crofter

For those who enjoy writing fiction thrillers this Facebook Farce could be fodder for a paper back novel.  

But I'm sure there are those out there who would be jealous and bitter towards anyone enjoying life and thriving
as those in this lifestyle do.  Invading their sovereignty (life, liberty, & pursuit of happiness) and sanctity (one's serenity)  because they don't conform to the rumor originator's views would all but be predictable that some day they are struck at in a cowardly a fashion from an anonymous dubious vehicle (Facebook) by nameless, faceless people. 

Meta Tags:  Fiction, Paperback Thriller, Jealousy, Vengeful, Happiness, Sovereignty, Sanctity, Predictable Outcome,
Cowardice, Anonymous Attack, Facebook, Gas Lighting Stealth Assailants.

Y'all are just too uptight.  Need to relax more, and freekin' chill...  Its all legit...

Attachments

• Free-Hugs.jpg
    Free-Hugs.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts