A 1,500 Watt PSW inverter that can surge to 3,400 Watts

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And that cord with two male ends!

Super-dangerous, highly illegal to even create such a thing.

Too bad qualified professionals don't take the time to publish such videos.

One thing I can say about the video is that balancing 7 or 8 batteries in one bank is going to be a pain. The larger the number of batteries the more complicated the wiring is to keep them charging and discharging the same.

The sine wave on the inverter looks good.

First, he warns folks that what he does is not for the untrained.

And that cord with two male ends!
He added a short F adapter cable box to Dryer plug. He can safely plug in without exposed live male prongs.
See 7:57 of the video. Why plug in with the generator running in the first place?
"He has the clamp over 2 wires." I see the clamp over the red and not the black, he split them.

It is physically impossible to get a Hall Effect reading when both wires are conducting. Therefore, with your own eyes, you see the reading, and it proves the point.

He also explains why he placed the generator away from the batteries.

Boyntonstu said:
First, he warns folks that what he does is not for the untrained.
Nothing to do with training, that cord is a life-threatening hazard as long as it exists at all, needs to be treated like a loaded hand gun. Totally irresponsible to show it on YouTube no matter with what warnings.

Boyntonstu said:
The Tiger Claw Inverter is amazing!
[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]knurlgnar24  is one of the most experienced inverter experts on Youtube.[/font]
[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]He has reviewed and actually measured the performance of many inverters both MSW and PSW.[/font]

[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]I do not know if this Ebay ad is the real deal for $199.[/font]

[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]If it is genuine, it would be a great bargain.[/font]

[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]https://www.ebay.com/i/122548551354?chn=ps&dispItem=1[/font]

[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]Start at about 20 minutes to bypass the AIM review.[/font]

[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif][size=small][video=youtube]
A few Ebay reviews:

Good Product
I bought the Tiger Claw 1500W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter to run a refrigerator continuously. I’ve only had it for a month and it has been in constant use for two weeks now. I’ve read some questionable reviews so I put a loss of power alarm on the inverter’s circuit just in case. However so far so good the inverter does what it says it will do, there are very few bells and whistles like there’s no remote control, voltage or a wattage meter on the inverter but then again I wasn’t looking for those things in an inverter. My inverter is mounted on a shelf with good air circulation around it, protected from tRead full review…

Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New | Sold by: sigler_music

by texas2658
Jan 24, 2017
Tiger Claw 1500w
This Inverter can do about 1800w from my testing and still output 110v or more in a serge test it can pull 350+ amps from the battery so its probably outputting 3000w or more.
the efficiency is very poor at low loads like charging my drone it was taking 112w form the ac 120v and 170w from the battery that is 65%.
at high loads it is ok 75-80% or more.
Do You “Waste” Gas When Your Car is Idle?
When your car is idle, you don’t necessarily use the gas. When you step on the gas pedal, that’s the time that it uses it. However, when you leave it idle your car uses approximately ⅕ to 1/7 of a gallon of gas per hour.

So, if you accidentally left your car idle on a full tank, you’ll still have half left after 24 hours. But of course, you don’t want to do that because your engine might overheat.

I did this 20 years ago in Seattle at a club. Was shocked when I came back 4 hours later and it was still there. Running, unlocked. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So aside from alternators vs gennies, higher vs lower rpms, Hall effects, double vs single clamping and using two male cords, does anyone have anything else to say about the TigerClaw inverter that the OP first spoke of? 

If $179 (Amazon) buys you a decent (note I didn't say very efficient) large MSW inverter (was that sine wave the actual one from the TigerClaw inverter, if so that sure looks better than most msw's produce), then I'd be interested if I ever got the batteries to use it.