93 winnebago Itasca 22 ft Worth a look!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
93 could be either a Ford 460 or a Chevy 454. I've seen both in the early 90 models.

The price is right if the rig is half as good as it looks in the pics.  If you aren't looking for stealth then this size of rig for a single is a great size.

Corky

X2 to what has been posted. Check out all mechanicals and rv systems, for the price it's a good buy. A 454 or 460 would move that little rig well. Remember the same motors are found in 34 foot class A's. You'd have a lot less weight to pull!

Check tires for age and dry rotting. You don't want anything more than 7 yrs. old according to the molded in DOT code. At least 16 inch tires aren't real expensive, compared to the 19.5's. On those older big blocks, exhaust manifold bolts often have broken.

Let us know what you did.

Dusty

from the limited info and pics looks like it would be worth a follow up. they do want a premium price. it also says wired for generator, does that mean the gen was pulled out? highdesertranger

For people looking for a reasonably priced mobile living space with no desire to stealth camp, with the ability to tow either a vehicle or trailer, this is well worth a look.

The ground clearance is reasonably high and the tail is nice and short for a Type A motorhome, good for boondocking.  Gas mileage is likely not great, but for a move and stay type of use not a major problem with the ability carry/tow other transportation.  All the basic systems are there to start from.

Corky

So did you buy it or where you doing what I do, find something interesting and post the link, both to inform others and to give examples of what's out there?

I like that size class A vs same size class C, better frame, usually more storage and almost always a big block motor while the C's often are small blocks, except for 2000's Fords with the 6.8 V10. My 1982 GMC 22 footer had a 350, common for that age and length. The weight and wind resistance was really too much for the small block older style pushrod motor.

I just posted as something to look at for those thinking of taking up the life style.

Corky

That's fine, I do that a lot. I find old ambulances, busses, ex military trucks, step vans and the like on my travels in the western states. Gives people ideas, or just makes them dream... Or scream...

Keep posting new finds!

The link is now dead, probably sold, or maybe they got a bunch of calls and decided to relist it later for more money. A Craigslist fishing expedition.

Before you jump into converting a step van, Ambulance etc. Give the vin number to your insurance carrier. Or find one who will carry it.

I wanted to buy a great step van. 15' box, Cummins diesel, 37,000 miles. about $6.5k

I wasn't a business, so no commercial carrier wanted it, It had not yet been converted, so no RV carrier would touch it. Catch 22. The RV carriers would not give me an estimate what it would cost to insure once I converted it.

Latest posts