$5 Unlimited Modem $45 for 15 gb

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLTooley

Reaction score
Verizon has a current promotion that doubles the data on their $45 plan, for a total of 15gb. 

I just switched over my old $5 unlimited 6620 modem. 

It did take a hard reset of the hotspot to restore the original programming, a new SIM card, and 3 hours of phone time to figure it out. 

I’d try that reset first!  With the back cover off, battery still in, you can see the word ‘reset’ printed with an arrow. Easy Peasy, in hindsight. 

I am hoping to get my tracfone iPhone 5s to be my primary device, but it looks like that will take a physical flash in a retail location.

Tried to find the promotion but failed. Can you give a link or more info, name so the slow of us can search and find. Can we sign up online or store only?

I too have a brick jet pack looking for an inexpensive service

It looked like it disappeared for me too, but they did it via voice customer service. Terms were 15 gb so long as the prepaid autopay is active and started before April 30.

i have the verizon hotspot $50 a month for 8GB (on hotspot jetpack only, no phone), not autopay..but i do add money each month prior to due date.  they have given me an extra 7GB per month without my requesting it. go figure. 

but now my older model jetpack is acting weird.  it drops the connection at random times.  if i shut off the jetpack and restart it, it works again until it decides randomly to drop the connection.   verizon says i need to buy a new jetpack, that this problem can not be fixed.  anyone have an experience with this issue?

What jetpack? There are many models and google is your friend. The first thing I would try is a factory reset to defaults. If you've already done that then google it is or another jetpack.

B and C said:
What jetpack?  There are many models and google is your friend.  The first thing I would try is a factory reset to defaults.  If you've already done that then google it is or another jetpack.

'verizon jetpack by netgear'  yes did the factory reset. didn't help.  i will check google, thanks for suggestion.