4 Wheel Drive Steve

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owl

Reaction score
I'm sure some of you remember Steve. Steve was a good friend of Bob's and passed I think 3 years ago. The reason I bring this up is on a trip into the desert today I passed by a rig that looked familiar. I turned around and approached the trailer, I was sure it was Steves. A young lady came out and I told her I knew the guy that owned this trailer a few years ago. Turns out she, her mother and her child live in this trailer. They were living in a vehicle before someone gave them the trailer. They have lost contact with the person who gave them the trailer and didn't get a title. The Az plates have expired and they can't register the rig. They are trying to get to Colo. and are afraid their going to get stuck the summer in Yuma without ac. If anyone knows who may have had this trailer or better yet, where the title is please get in touch with me so I can convey the info to these folks. Bob, if you have any info or maybe relative contact info that may be able to help please give them my contact info and perhaps we can help these folks. Thanks everyone.

there are ways to get a title in AZ. the easiest is just tell them you lost the title. there is an affidavit to sign and a verification inspection(private inspectors) and of course fees and maybe a penalty but you will have those no matter what you do. unless the trailer was reported stolen it's not that difficult. just remember you are signing an affidavit. highdesertranger

I understand and know what you are saying. I and they don't want to do anything under the table. What I'm hoping is that someone, maybe a family member or friend has the title and may see their way clear to help these folks. Regardless, I'm going to do what I can.

^
You may want to check out this site that gives info about obtaining a legal Vermont title. I remember reading about this years ago on a motorcycle forum that focused on restoring old bikes:

https://www.cartitles.com/title-option-2/

Also, how big is the trailer? Some states don't require a tag for a trailer under 2000 lbs. If it's a little larger and a few 100 lbs. over, you could get by as LEO's wouldn't be able to tell.

Kansas is one and for a couple of bucks you can get an UNDER 2M tag online.