280AH LiFePo4 Batteries Direct From Manufacturer

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theBest

Reaction score
These batteries are the lowest priced lithium so far.
$340-$390 per 12.8v (4)pack
There are a couple of YouTube videos discussing these batteries and where to get them.
Will “DIY Solar” is a late comer to this battery review party but he has reviewed it also now.

Shenzhen Basen Technology is the manufacturer.
https://www.alibaba.com/product/160...s_page_enable=true&wx_navbar_transparent=true

This price is for the batteries only, you will need to purchase other components like a BMS to keep them charged properly.

AliBaba is more for quantity or business purchases where as AliExpress is geared toward single/consumer purchases.

I’ve been looking on AliExpress. It looks like under 500 without a BMS, shipped.

I presume these are grade B cells. I like the price and understand the risk, but so many sellers and specs that are hard to figure out.

I’ve made one purchase from AliExpress, kn 95 masks last March. I got them and they work, but I do believe they are a b grade.

I think I’m going to wait until I find the right all in one product, the potential quality issues and difficulties in return are too much for me.

270 ah does seem like a good value point.

Alibaba can work for individuals or bigger. I bought 2 premade LiFePO4 batteries a couple years ago and am waiting for 8 cells to make 2 batteries right now. Here is a link from a reputable distributor for these cells:

https://szxuba.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2700.wholesale.cordpanyb.2.6e1763d0efFLUU

My quote from Xuba for 8  cells was $850 or so delivered to N. California. They have sold a lot of cells to DIYsolarforums folks. I have no connection. 

Here is an aliexpress link to the BMS I am using for my project (you will need one to protect your cells):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32858179124.html? 

Probably go for the 120A with bluetooth for around $60. 

Under $500-600 for 280ah, 3000 or more cycles, with at least 80% depth of discharge capability, weighing around 50 lbs.

But, you can't charge it at less than freezing temperatures. Discharge yes, but not charge.

gtinseth said:
But, you can't charge it at less than freezing temperatures. Discharge yes, but not charge.

I've been wondering if you could use a 12v heating mat(s) on a switch and a cooler or foam insulation to charge during daytime. I would think it wouldn't use too much power and it's during the power generation phase.

I watched a video where a guy used a similar mat in a 3 gal water heater instead of a traditional 110v power source. The water wasn't boiling but was definately warm.
Video: 

Just came across this new Will Prowse video for a DIY solar generator. Looks good to me. It's on a smaller scale, but worth a look.

Here’s an interesting AliExpress product, 100ah and 200ah packs in a water proof case and both ciggy and USB ports. There are several sellers, 400 or less for the 100ah, 700 or less for the 200ah. 100a output.

US $312.42 13% Off | 12V lifepo4 battery 200ah 100ah Rechargeable RV lithium battery with BMS for Outdoor camping and Inverter Solar energy
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKfQxj7

Not sure when prices are going to come down even further on the LifePO4 cells. With the increases in shipping from China it doesn't look good right now.

I want to build a pack for the van to replace my two Trojan GC2 batteries yet some how keep this project under $500.00
I know that's tough since I need the cells, most likely 4 180AH and a BMS that is 150A rated and then a DCDC charger about 40A.

I've watched everything Will has posted and have a good background in this kind of electronics. So not a problem actually putting it together.
Another Nice feature of this is I can bring the batteries inside as opposed to the pair I have now mounted between the body and the Frame rails behind the drivers seat. That's a real PITA to remove/install at 140lbs. Not to mention feeding them although I use a water fill kit so that's not to bad.

Anyways if anyone comes across a great deal on cells, please feel free to post here or PM.

Mike R

Mike,

If you want cheap and are willing to maybe end up with a more off brand set of cells (not Eve, CATL, Lishen, etc), check out the distributor Shenzhen Starmax Energy on alibaba. I got a quote for 8 x 230ah cells for $649 shipped to N. Cal. You will need to be willing to do a little negotiating on alibaba, it's not amazon. I have found that extra politeness and kindness is well received during the process. I generally have 3 or 4 different sales reps trying to sell me and play them against each other a bit. Don't be put off by the shipping quoted on the ad page. You will get the actually shipping cost in your messaging with the rep. At that price, you would get a bigger battery and still come in under $500 with BMS and DC charger. It will take 5-6 weeks or more shipping and now that Chinese New Year is almost here, add a few weeks probably. 

Glenn

Thanks Glen, I actually have just sent a request to that company for some other LiPo battery cells that I need, so I'll inquire after that response comes in. I'm in no hurry to get this done, my GC2's are still hanging, by a thread.

Mike R

MikeRuth said:
Thanks Glen, I actually have just sent a request to that company for some other LiPo battery cells that I need, so I'll inquire after that response comes in. I'm in no hurry to get this done, my GC2's are still hanging, by a thread.

Mike R

I forgot the name, but looked it up - another favorite of the diysolarforums crowd is shenzhen luyuan technology co. Good deals and excellent service from their rep (named Amy) if you mention you are a member of those forums.