$25/month Visible UNLIMITED EVERYTHING

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello Bruce - I am interested. If I would join you would everyone pay direct to the company? Where are you located? I have been on a walmart plan for some time. Can I keep my number?

nature lover said:
hello Bruce - I am interested.  If I would join you would everyone pay direct to the company?  Where are you located?  I have been on a walmart plan for some time.  Can I keep my number?

I am on someone's party pay and yes, Visible is paid directly to visible.  You just pay your share to visible as does everyone else.

You can keep your number too: https://www.visible.com/help/Keep-your-number

My experience was a failure.  I tried to port my old number and pay with a credit card.  I created an account with them back in February and tried to buy.  After repeated attempts and several chats the bottom line was to try one more time but use PayPal instead of Visa card.  By the beginning of April I was ready to try again.  I had finished my March 3 GB before finishing the March billing cycle.  I really want the tethering feature too.  I tried again.  First step was three days to get the prior purchase attempts cleared from my account.  Then the phone I had chosen was no longer available so I had to research them all over.  Meanwhile, from February to April some things changed.  It turns out Nokia is in Finland, Samsug is in South Korea.  All other phones, including Motorola and Apple, are made in China. 

I'm keeping my $35 Walmart Tracphone Samsung.  Carlos Slim of Mexico owns América Móvil that owns Tracphone.  It is $10 per month more than Visible Party Pay, only 3 GB, no tethering, but I know who is profiting from my business.  To get cheap service from Visible I would have to buy one of the ZTE or Motorola phones they offer.

I didn't port a number but I did get their $19 smartphone. A lot better phone than I thought it would be.

There are 9 points to porting your number. Looks straightforward.

Trebor English said:
I'm keeping my $35 Walmart Tracphone Samsung.  Carlos Slim of Mexico owns América Móvil that owns Tracphone.  It is $10 per month more than Visible Party Pay, only 3 GB, no tethering, but I know who is profiting from my business.  To get cheap service from Visible I would have to buy one of the ZTE or Motorola phones they offer.
Visible is owned by Verizon. I have been a Visible customer since June and had no problems porting my number over to them. I have the ZTE R2 smartphone that they offered for free if you traded an old Android phone. If your present phone is compatible you can continue to use it. You can check here to see if your phone will work:

https://www.visible.com/shop/bring-your-own-phone

Here's a Reddit site where people post available Party Pay spots:

https://www.reddit.com/r/VisiblePartyPay/

I signed up and bought a ZTE A7. I got it as a back up phone but mainly for the unlimited data with the hotspot so I can use my laptop.

nature lover said:
hello Bruce - I am interested.  If I would join you would everyone pay direct to the company?  Where are you located?  I have been on a walmart plan for some time.  Can I keep my number?
hi and yes to everything!!! on party pay everyone has seperate billing- i am in BR, La and getting lately 100+ down- never less than 25 and up is always above 30- yes you can port your number and if you port you get a $100 gift card- if your phone is compatible then the new SIM is free- the Cheapest iPhone7 (used)(like new)=$150- or if you buy a $500+ phone you get $200 gift card- just hit my link and you can see everything on the Visible site

Trebor English said:
My experience was a failure.  I tried to port my old number and pay with a credit card.  I created an account with them back in February and tried to buy.  After repeated attempts and several chats the bottom line was to try one more time but use PayPal instead of Visa card.  By the beginning of April I was ready to try again.  I had finished my March 3 GB before finishing the March billing cycle.  I really want the tethering feature too.  I tried again.  First step was three days to get the prior purchase attempts cleared from my account.  Then the phone I had chosen was no longer available so I had to research them all over.  Meanwhile, from February to April some things changed.  It turns out Nokia is in Finland, Samsug is in South Korea.  All other phones, including Motorola and Apple, are made in China. 

sorry u had such luck! yes CS is weak- but i am type do not need CS and the savings is worth- man 3gb is nothing- u can get 3gb +unlimited phone with Mint (Tmobile) for $15/mon- i could not live w/3gb

B and C said:
I didn't port a number but I did get their $19 smartphone.  A lot better phone than I thought it would be. 
There are 9 points to porting your number.  Looks straightforward.
yes for 1-yr i have the R2 $19 and it is great- beats a $1,000 phone all day long-!!!!!!!! i just open new account with iPhone8=$150 (250-100Gift Card) and ported my main number- so easy a 2yo could do it- got the Phone next day FedX!!!!!!!!!!
just trying to fill my party pay- need 2-more!

You can go to reddit and get your other two members real fast, if you wish too.

highdesertranger said:
all I know is their customer service sucks.  I was present when this happened to 66788, https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=38977 if I wouldn't have been there with my phone he would have really been stuck,  as it was Visible was no help.
ur rt CS is weak- i am DIY-Guy so i do not depend on them- i love self-service!!!
the savings is well worth the effort- 
50 to 100 down and 30 up without any cap is the best thing since sliced bread!!!

brucedevauxone said:
sorry u had such luck! yes CS is weak- but i am type do not need CS and the savings is worth- man 3gb is nothing- u can get 3gb +unlimited phone with Mint (Tmobile) for $15/mon- i could not live w/3gb

I usually interact with internet vendors with no need of customer service.  When I entered all the information nothing happened, no sale.  I repeated with multiple browsers and multiple platforms, at their request.  When I gave up on trying to port a number it went better.  Still, no sale.  I was a motivated prospective customer.  More data with hot spot and tethering and at a lower price was attractive.  Buying a new phone makes it much less attractive.  Buying a new phone from China now, given our recent virus problems, makes it a non-starter for me.  It wasn't as much of a consideration back in February.  I can live with 3 GB for $10 a month more.  Even a free Chinese ZTE R2 I will not have.

I've been using Visible for six months and very happy with it. Mostly use it as a hotspot for my laptop. Since $19 R2 phone only allows one hotspot connection, I use my Windows 10 laptop to create a secondary hotspot for up to 8 devices. They say you are limited to 5meg speed but that comes and goes. I often get 15meg speed and I'm 1/4 mile from tower. Parked right next to tower and got 40meg speed on my laptop!

Visible is so much cheaper because it has no brick stores or even phone call support. It only has chat support on their website. Don't try to port your number to Visible as you can have trouble. If you order a phone and get a new number things will go smoothly. I've used a gmail phone number for years and can still receive/make calls with that using Hangouts app on R2 phone. The R2 phone number is more reliable than Hangouts. I can forward gmail phone calls to R2 phone number for more reliable connection.

If you want to join a group to get your rates down from $40 to $25 then there is a reddit group do that. A full group is 4 people.
https://www.reddit.com/r/VisiblePartyPay/

I started a "Party Pay" group there and had four people join in 45 minutes. None have left in six months. Everyone pays their individual bill and don't see others billing. Party Pay members only see first name and areacode of other members so anonymous. No one owns the group. If the group founder drops out, the group continues and up to other members to fill that spot.

There is no better deal right now than Visible; unlimited voice, text, data, and hotspot. I typically use 70gig of data per month, but know of others who use 200gig!

I've had good service with Visible and love the $25 a month.

Trebor English said:
Buying a new phone from China now, given our recent virus problems, makes it a non-starter for me.  It wasn't as much of a consideration back in February.  I can live with 3 GB for $10 a month more.  Even a free Chinese ZTE R2 I will not have.

You don't have to worry about catching virus from China products.  The virus is dead after 4 days on any surface. Almost everything in Walmart is from China, and no one gets infected.

Visible has a US warehouse where phones sit for weeks. Visible will Fedex you a new phone in 2 days! I buy other things directly from China without worry.  Nothing gets here in less than two weeks, and now it takes more than twice that due to US customs bottleneck. I quarntine all mail for 4 days before opening it as postman could have virus.