1994 Dodge B250-Where can I get the overdrive on/off button assy?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunner94

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 1994 Dodge B250 5.2 extended handicap van with hightop that has just over 30,000 miles on it. I love the van, it has taken me from my home in Southern California up to the Olympic Nat'l Park in Washington state and back, camping trips in Big Sur, the high Sierras, Lake Havasu, and many more locations since I bought it 3 years ago.

I have 200 watts of solar, an ARB fridge, queen bed, 24" 12 volt flat screen tv w/dvd, Coleman roof a/c, LED lighting, Thetford curve toilet, Mr. Buddy heater, BF Goodrich KO2's...the list of mods I have done goes on and on.

Recently, I was about to climb a hill, and I pushed the overdrive lockout button on the dash...I could feel it push in a little too far, like the spring inside had broken. When I went to push it again, it wouldn't allow it to shift back into overdrive. No amount of wiggling or tapping it helps.

Here is my problem...I can't locate the overdrive lockout switch anywhere!! I have tried eBay, Amazon, Autozone, O'Reillys, the local Pick A Parts, I posted on several salvage yard network websites, all to no avail. 

So here I sit, with my van fixed up exactly how I want it...and I can't go anywhere in it!! Frustrating to say the least! :mad: 

So I come here hoping that someone familiar with these vans may have a source or know of someone that is able to provide this part.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Glen

I have looked at those on eBay, but the descriptions say for Ram pickups, not vans. The bezels look different, and unless the person has a freakishly small hand in the one picture, the button looks much bigger. Still, I may order one, they are for the same engine and transmission combo, so it might work with a little modification.
Thanks!

It shows a picture of it on Rockauto, but says it is not available.
Thanks!

You would think so, I see vans of this vintage driving around every day. But I have been scouring the junkyards around Southern California for the past 3 weeks, and have only found 1 Dodge van similar to mine, and it had the entire dashboard missing.

I have always been of the school of thought that whatever happened to me throughout my travels, that any decent repair shop could work on a Dodge van and get me back on the road. This part failure has got me wondering, what if this had happened 1000 miles from home? I would be stranded due to the part not being available. This vehicle has been rock-solid dependable up till now, but it'll take some time before I regain the confidence to venture far from home, when and if I am able to find the part.

Check your fuses and breakers?
You are not stranded. The van still runs and drives, right? You just can't use or shift back up into OD?
Any Dodge OD switch from that era should work? Like the others said, check the pin set-up on yours, and look at the pics on the web. Measure your switch and see if you can contact the seller for fit?