My ambo...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baloo

Reaction score
2014-05-23 06.43.24.png

New guy here,  here is a pic of my ambulance I have been converting to a camper.

Attachments

• 2014-05-23 06.43.24.png
    2014-05-23 06.43.24.png
    510.9 KB · Views: 82
Groovy amblance Baloo!!

What all have ya done to it?? What kinda engine do you have?? Any more pics?? (we likes our pictures on here!!) :D

Hey Baloo!

Nice ambulance! I hadn't thought of putting an awning on. Looks good. Can't wait to see more! Patrick's right, we loves our pics here! ;-)

Lugh

Sweet.

(Dig the TaleSpin reference, too).

I promise I will get pics up of the interior once I figure out how to resize my photos so I can attach em.

4ebybyje.jpg

9u7a7ysu.jpg

9e6ava7e.jpg

vu3u3yda.jpg

esu6uvu4.jpg

ery4ubyd.jpg

he9unuhe.jpg

I agree, the plan is for four 100w panels, it already carries four deep cycle battiers. I replaced the entire electrical system with marine grade components. I can fit four panels and still have kayak parking on top!

Love the floor lights! I had planned on doing that at some point. LED Modularity is a sending from the beyond!

The panel already installed is a renology 100w mono crystalline. I installed it as a test bed for my solar system. So far so good. I will install the next one in a week or two, and monitor results. I have a 1800 xantrex inverter, all wired up with 0/4 welding wire. I work in the aviation Iindustry, and am building the entire electrical system with redundancy. All the lighting is LED, and uses vert little power. There is a 1000w rv microwave installed in place of one of the original ambulance cabinets. Still working on it, lots left to do, and ever changing. I figure out something that will work better, and modify as needed. I have already spent a month in it on work related travel. I stayed at a campground with no issues. Getting ice got old pretty quick, but now I have one of those fancy pelican coolers, so time will tell.

very nice baloo. that's one hell of an electric distribution center, very clean job on the wiring, I like. keep us posted. highdesertranger

Will do, it has been a crazy project that began with two trucks, one a e350 based ambulance, and the other a 40' pallet truck. Now the ambulance bid has been redone, and the frame of the International had been shortened and modified to accept the ambulance box.

a7ejapyv.jpg

yjyqebuq.jpg

yrynuhag.jpg

very cool. keep those pics coming. can't wait to see the ambulance body on there. are you going to cut out the back of the international cab? if you are, how are you going to connect the two? that will be so cool, only thing better is if that international was 4 wheel drive. highdesertranger

Yes, i am cutting the back of the cab out. The ultimate plan would be to find the front end and transfer case from an army deuce and a half. Just depends on how long i want to work on the truck.

if it was me I would see if that truck was available with 4 wheel drive then try to find the parts at a junk yard. that way you keep everything stock so parts are much easier to find, no custom stuff. good luck, can't wait to see that body on her. highdesertranger