Youtuber Camo Dave: R.I.P.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx2sturgis

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just found out Camo Dave has passed away from a heart attack. I used to enjoy his videos and even participated in some of the live chats on "SaturDave"...

I felt really bad after leaving a voice mail on his phone asking him why he hasn't been making videos for more than a week...and then finding out he has died. ....well now I know. 😟

I did enjoy the daily summary and editorial...and dry humor. He really enjoyed reviewing and yes, critiquing, the nomadic content creators on YouTube...and he was finally able to visit Quartzsite before he died, where so many nomads call home in the winter. He was so fascinated by the nomadic lifestyle he made a special trip to see and experience a tiny slice of desert life on BLM and LTVA land. He met some nomads out there too.

R.I.P. Dave Hughes.

A nice tribute video:

And another:

Dave's YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/CamoDave

I watched his videos from time to time. I heard yesterday he had passed. Always sad to lose a member of the online community. RIP Camo Dave,