women's forum, baby steps

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be nice to know she (and others) are well. I understand they no longer need the support.

tqking a quidk look at all the postings made by the OP of this thread it is very likely she has not yet managed to purchase a van and start her nomadic life. That would explain why no further postings were made by her.

I have been camping on and off for years. It never seems to fail that every time I forget something. I am always running to the store for something. We have a camper and I am converting a van that I will be using in about 18 months. I am planning some short trips first to see if I have everything I need and if the van build meets my needs. So far so good. Something that I find helpful is to make a list of things I start out with.....and when I return I see what I used. That way I know what to replace, sort of a standard food supply list. It contains as much dry stock (non-perishable) items as possible. I start out with the same basic supplies each time, then adding some things for variety. Tool wise.......a set of socket wrenches, hammer (or ax), shovel, multi driver screw driver that has both phillips and strait head with different sizes. Electrical tape, gorilla tape, and gorilla glue. I have found a fishing tackle box makes a good tool box because it allows for more compartments.

Cammalu said:
There are always things going wrong mechanical wise plus the regular upkeep. You really need to be prepared for that. Even new parts wear out and that’s just the nature of the beast.

Even if you are in a house there is still upkeep and things that require attention.

Just be prepared.

Soooo very true!! Also be ready to do the daily mouse/rodent/packrat battle for your vehicle's wires.