Women only: My Beginning Journey

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EtakVon

Reaction score
88D88163-06BA-40A4-8122-A1AF5E30C43E.jpeg

I’m planning my life living in the comfort of my Town and Chrysler mini van. I got two years to save up and get myself out of debt. I am a single mom & have two teenage boys that are in high school. One will graduate in two years and the other, four years. I plan on taking him with me on the road. I think it will be beneficial for him since he’s a hands-on kind of learner. I’m also thinking of buying a trailer and building from the frame up. What can a mini van pull?

Attachments

• 88D88163-06BA-40A4-8122-A1AF5E30C43E.jpeg
    88D88163-06BA-40A4-8122-A1AF5E30C43E.jpeg
    258.3 KB
I don't think you can pull much with a mini van. This website is very helpful and so are the youtube videos. I'm in your position also, getting out of debt before I do this. My kids are all grown and on their own. I think this would be a great opportunity for your son. Good luck with your adventure.

Hi Etakvon! I'm in the planning/divesting stage of my journey and have determined to do this completely debt-free. I just don't see it any other way. When I was married, I pulled a large popup with my 2008 T & C, with 4 sons, two dogs, and all our gear in the van. Our T&C did great, but we did not do this all the time! Just vacation trips to within several hours of the house. It wasn't really the safest way to travel. I would suggest trying to upgrade to a vehicle more suited for hauling long distances and more weight. Good luck to you!

EtakVon said:
I’m planning my life living in the comfort of my Town and Chrysler mini van. I got two years to save up and get myself out of debt. I am a single mom & have two teenage boys that are in high school. One will graduate in two years and the other, four years. I plan on taking him with me on the road. I think it will be beneficial for him since he’s a hands-on kind of learner. I’m also thinking of buying a trailer and building from the frame up. What can a mini van pull?
when i looked up a 2003 town and country minivan it said they could tow between 2000 and 3000 pounds.  I was thinking of getting one of these for my camper van :rolleyes:

Latest posts