Women only free camping resource

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cammalu

Reaction score
I ran across a group on Facebook that has members that allow free safe camping on their properties for women. It was a good fit for me because I’ve allowed fellow nomads to camp here for some years. I certainly don’t limit it to women though.

I’ve had a couple women from that group stop and just overnight and it worked out well.

Some of the places are a driveway with no amenities but some offer showers, laundry, and elec. and some are pretty dang nice!

The group is RoadTripHer and I don’t know how to link it.

Thanks, I put in a request to join so that l can check it out.
Not that I personally feel unsafe camping alone on BLM or NFS dispersed lands.

Dang! Why is everything on Facebook? I avoid it like the plague.

No, I get it Maki. I think most of us do feel safe. There are quite a few newbies on that forum though. The two gals that came here were brand new. As they were just staying one night, instead of setting up a tent, I just put them in the little airstream. They were pretty thankful for that.

They were both interesting gals.

lab_nomad said:
Dang! Why is everything on Facebook? I avoid it like the plague.

Just about everything is on FB for sure. It took me a long time to get there but I eventually caved in.

I joined that group a few weeks ago, like it very much.

wanderingsoul said:
I joined that group a few weeks ago, like it very much.

How come you haven’t been by my place [emoji3]

Lab_Nomad, You can sign up with Facebook, but do it by YOUR rules. Just sign up with the most minimal info you can. No self photo, no self information. Just the very least info that you can get away with (and it's not much).

That way, you have access to quite a bit of info, but you aren't giving out your personal info.

I think it's a great resource for a few reasons. First, for safe overnighting if I can't find something else. Secondly, to make connections and network. And last if I am up for some company (although, not all of the hosts offer that)

You can sign up with limited information. But if it is too limited you are unlikely to get friends with things in common. Most people such as myself will deny a friendshiprequest from a person who has next to nothing on a facebook page. I dont want their life history but I  would expect to see at least see a few photos of places they have visited or camped in.

If you are joining Facebook to make connections put something on your page that reflects the things you want to form connections in common over. Which in our case is enjoying a nomadic life. It does not have to be a daily log of overly personal information. you don't have to post a photo of yourself. A few open to everyone postings with a short written article and captioned photos about a trip of interest will suffice. They just want to see some indication you are not a scammer but instead the real deal. The moderators of groups that you might want to join are likely to look at your page before approving you. Most especially so for a group about safe camping for women.

Thank you to all :) I'm not on any of the social media sites. Well maybe one which is Meetup.com
I smiled at cats having FB account LOL I'm out of the loop! I was told I could create a new gmail account that would be linked to a newly made temporary/fake email account rather than use my main email to give to gmail profile. Then use that email for joining social media sites. I forgot what needs to be done as far as the phone number. I'll check into that. For a address I'll use a Zoo in another state or something like that. :)

So NO don't be so trusting on social media. Fact check and connect the dots.

I'll look into an Anonymous FB page/account... I found this to read and I'll look for others.

How to Create an Anonymous Facebook Account
Search domain online-tech-tips.comhttps://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-create-an-anonymous-facebook-account/
Facebook will also ask permission to access your contacts. Select No to deny access, otherwise your profile will appear in the People You May Know section of other Facebook users.. 3. Start Adding Friends. Now that your new Facebook account is confirmed, you can add a profile picture or an avatar and start adding friends.

maki2 said:
You can sign up with limited information. But if it is too limited you are unlikely to get friends with things in common. Most people such as myself will deny a friendshiprequest from a person who has next to nothing on a facebook page. I dont want their life history but I  would expect to see at least see a few photos of places they have visited or camped in.

If you are joining Facebook to make connections put something on your page that reflects the things you want to form connections in common over. Which in our case is enjoying a nomadic life. It does not have to be a daily log of overly personal information. you don't have to post a photo of yourself. A few open to everyone postings with a short written article and captioned photos about a trip of interest will suffice. They just want to see some indication you are not a scammer but instead the real deal. The moderators of groups that you might want to join are likely to look at your page before approving you. Most especially so for a group about safe camping for women.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Great information! Thanks

I just about never "friend" anyone on FB. I use it to belong to groups in which I have an interest.

Actually, I only joined in the first place because I have a sister who seldom communicated any other way. But over the years, as FB has been taken over by constant advertising and unwanted suggestions, I notice she is using it less and less, and now she communicates mostly by text, like normal people.

But I still find the groups feature useful...