Wireless earbuds

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeanmarie

Reaction score
I use my phone or tablet most of the time. They are both Bluetooth compatable. I want wireless earbuds and I don't want to spend $60 to $150 only to find out I bought the wrong model. Anyone got advice or recommendations?

I've found wireless listening devices almost always have short battery lives. And I get tired of having to charge the damned things. So I so most of my listening wired. I do occasionally use bluetooth listening devices when I want to listen while I'm up and about and having the cord dangling will catch on things.

Be warned if you intend on getting totally wireless earbuds (no wires between the two earbuds) that there can be a delay in audio when watching video (video may not be synced with audio).

For typical Bluetooth earbuds, I like the Skullcandy brand for budget models. You can get 6-8 hrs battery from them. These are what I personally use and I've had some expensive ones and some cheap ones.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Skullcan...-Earbuds-with-Microphone-Black-Gray/165991858

I purchased these for my wife after having good luck two pair that have wires between the two buds.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LDZVS9T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mpow T3 True Wireless Earbuds, IPX5 Waterproof, 20Hrs Bluetooth $40.00

I don't think they would last 20 hours but they have nearly 600 reviews with 4 stars. I fall asleep with mine and there are still good in the morning.

these are the ones I have:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015IEW1AY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mpow Jaws Gen Bluetooth Headphones, Bluetooth Neckband Headset. $24.00

Thanks. I guess I amnot going to have to considering didn't and battery life. I mainly beed them because I go to sleep an hour or so after hubby. I want to be able to audio books in bed without disturbing him. But I would like to be able to watch videos with them, too.

Back when I got my Apple MacBook, the damn thing didn't have an earplug jack and I had to use a wireless Bluetooth to watch movies.

Have they corrected that yet?

jeanmarie said:
Thanks. I guess I amnot going to have to considering didn't and battery life. I mainly beed them because I go to sleep an hour or so after hubby. I want to be able to audio books in bed without disturbing him. But I would like to be able to watch videos with them, too.

my wife and I do the same thing, hers are good for 3 hours but my Mpow Jaws (as I said) are still good and connected in the morning. The nice thing about the Jaws; is you're not going to lose one, or both in bed. And lots of times I'll pull the buds from my ears and go to sleep with them around my neck. I haven't notice any delay watching movies, but I bet it could happen.

lenny flank said:
Back when I got my Apple MacBook, the damn thing didn't have an earplug jack and I had to use a wireless Bluetooth to watch movies.

Have they corrected that yet?

no haven't corrected this, one reason I went to Android. However there are reports of a new iPod Touch? coming out that will have an earphone jack.

there are also (and you knew this was coming) a lighting to ear jack adapter. but many have complained you must yet buy another "Y" lighting adapter if you also want to charge at the same time.

broken ed said:
my wife and I do the same thing, hers are good for 3 hours but my Mpow Jaws (as I said) are still good and connected in the morning. The nice thing about the Jaws; is you're not going to lose one, or both in bed. And lots of times I'll pull the buds from my ears and go to sleep with them around my neck. I haven't notice any delay watching movies, but I bet it could happen.

I have a MacBook with an earbud jack. It is so old that it still has a built in DVD player, too. Very handy if you have limited space for clutter. It has gotten darned slow, now, tho. I have stopped updating the operating system. The SOB's at Apple were caught redheaded deliberately adding code in their updates that slowed down older machines in order to get customers to buy new ones. When this thing finally dies, I am going to a regular hp. Already got rid of my Apple phone and Apple tablet and went with Android. Yes, I hold grudges.

Oops. I think I replied to the wrong post. I meant to reply to lenny's post about his MacBook.

jeanmarie - you certainly and just - need to get what works for you,,, to state the obvious. my wife is an apple person and that's fine, it just doesn't work for me. they make very good products.

don't know if your a computer person, but before you give up an your old apple laptop, have you considered running the Ubuntu operating system on it? both iOS (from Apple) and Ubuntu are Lynx. I run Ubuntu on an new Lenovo that came with Windows 10 and run a very old version of Lynx on a 15 year plus Dell that someone gave me. I'm still getting OS updates on the very old Dell, and my new Lenovo. Ubuntu is free and open-source Linux distribution, I don't have much use for Windows or Apple iOS. https://ubuntu.com/

If you want to run it on a laptop go to the desktop page; https://ubuntu.com/download/desktop

just want to make a note in this tread that someone brought up, I was watching TV (Hulu) in bed on my Android tablet (Galaxy Tab A, less then a year old) and using Sony wired over the ear headphones, and yes the sound was delayed. So this may be more then a blue tooth problem.

broken ed said:
jeanmarie - you certainly and just - need to get what works for you,,, to state the obvious. my wife is an apple person and that's fine, it just doesn't work for me. they make very good products.

don't know if your a computer person, but before you give up an your old apple laptop, have you considered running the Ubuntu operating system on it? both iOS (from Apple) and Ubuntu are Lynx. I run Ubuntu on an new Lenovo that came with Windows 10 and run a very old version of Lynx on a 15 year plus Dell that someone gave me. I'm still getting OS updates on the very old Dell, and my new Lenovo. Ubuntu is free and open-source Linux distribution, I don't have much use for Windows or Apple iOS. https://ubuntu.com/

If you want to run it on a laptop go to the desktop page; https://ubuntu.com/download/desktop

just want to make a note in this tread that someone brought up, I was watching TV (Hulu) in bed on my Android tablet (Galaxy Tab A, less then a year old) and using Sony wired over the ear headphones, and yes the sound was delayed. So this may be more then a blue tooth problem.
No, I am not a computer techie person. That is why I bought the Mac. I knew that I could bring it in for help no matter how old it was. So, I was willing to pay 3 times the price because that is what I was paying for, in advance. But finding out that they were deliberately sabotaging my computer, tablet, and iphone, PLUS overcharging me, really made me mad.

jeanmarie said:
 The SOB's at Apple were caught redheaded deliberately adding code in their updates that slowed down older machines in order to get customers to buy new ones. When this thing finally dies, I am going to a regular hp. Already got rid of my Apple phone and Apple tablet and went with Android. Yes, I hold grudges.

Oops. I think I replied to the wrong post. I meant to reply to lenny's post about his MacBook.

Yet another case of believing stuff that is not founded in truth but goes viral and becomes widely believed to be true. That situation did not involve your old Macbook at all.

"In newly released support documents, Apple confirms that only iPhones are affected by its battery-boosting feature. That means your old iPad, MacBook or Apple Watch won't be impacted by any of the processor-throttling software updates currently targeting old iPhone models.Jan 15, 2018"

HincomeHubvy camp home with separated buds, yesterday. Fairly low end, but for audiobooks, they would be fine. The earpieces were an odd shape, tho, and hurt my ears. I was going to take them back, but he wants then.

He came home with a connected round the neck pair with earbuds that are really comfortable. Sound Pro, only $13, so I don't know if they will last. But, like I said, I am not listening to symphonies. I am listening am to audiobooks.

I have used several types of Bluetooth over 5 ish years

the Mpow Upgraded Jaws Gen5 Bluetooth Headphones V5.0
Bluetooth Neckband Headset - $23 -amazon-
battery life 10+ hours

I have had mine for 4 months used daily - I Happy with them -
man I know has used for 2+ yrs - he is Happy with his -

also
SmartBean - bluetooth receiver is Very good
Has 3.5mm headphone jack so U can plug
any type of ear buds into them - Nice - $25
works well - battery is 7 ish hours -

Bluetooth 5 is a Good upgrade