Window coverings dilemma

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you had issues with the adhesive failing in excessive heat?
Yes! And I live in south Florida... From time to time they have to be reattached. Despite this occasional inconvenience, it is the best mechanism for me given that I like my plastic wall moulding.

I've seen a couple of YouTube videos where folks have attached solar panels to the roof of their vehicle using adhesive. Maybe I'll try one of those products.

I've seen several videos that involve sticking a thin hook or butterfly clip into the crack between the side walls and the headliner. My question is, how much does that risk damaging the headliner (which, I gather, is pretty expensive to repair if it starts coming loose)?

Yep, I was going to suggest for behind the front seats one of the clothes bars that would hook on each coat hook, driver and passenger side.

I don’t actually have hooks by my seats, more a heavy plastic tab that I can put a lightweight jacket on, and which would easily support a clothes bar with a lightweight curtain on it.

Said bar could live there permanently, if desired, the curtains pulled to the side for the day.
I took a regular white curtain rod and took my mallet and smashed the ends down flat and stuck them in between the ceiling and the plastic. If you know what I mean??

I took a regular white curtain rod and took my mallet and smashed the ends down flat and stuck them in between the ceiling and the plastic. If you know what I mean??
Yesterday I got some command hooks that are flat and smooth with a small metal hook. I'm going to use those one the side Windows and set a round small curtain rod on them. Then i can also hang things on it with clips.I haven't done it yet.