Will anyone have a DRONE at RTR?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FALCON

Reaction score
Will you be at the RTR with a drone? If so, how could I convince you to spend half a day with me recording footage of my van driving along? (Your footage would be used in a video that my friend is making about me living in a van)

If you'd like help with any of the following, I'm good at them and maybe we can work out a trade:
- Photography (nice portraits of you or your van.. with the sunsets I hear about there, I can almost guarantee a picture as good as the ones below)
- Math and science
- Electrical system design (I'm not a real expert, but I am good at the math side of it, and at making a wiring diagram)
- Personal finance  (coaching, advice, guidance, answers)
- Fitness and nutrition (coaching, advice, guidance, answers)
- Help with a van project
- ?? You name what you want help with..

31630303121_cdc21058aa_z.jpg

31373299450_f502ca1303_z.jpg

If adorama gets the Dj1 I want back in stock, the basic one, I will have one with me. I will be a rank amateur but we could try. I fly RC planes and maybe that will help.

Rob

I was thinking the same thing that a Video cam of some sort could be hitched up to one of my birds and it would have a easy 30 minute flight time. That said I'm about to haul them off to storage and won't see them till next summer.

I have a Sony Action Cam on a Feiyu Gimble if you'd like some video that's drone like. I'm in Ehrenberg now. Steve

that thing looks really cool. that might make a cool prospecting tool. highdesertranger

Gunny said:
http://www.adorama.com/djiph3s.html

I have done everything but click 'Buy' on this one. What say you all?

It's in my 'Wish List' if anyone is feeling generous.

Do it!! You need this! How could you now buy it? It's only $400! I didn't know they were available new that cheap.

I had it in my 'cart' last night then pre-buyers remorse sat in. I'll probably pull the trigger tonight. Rob

Adorama is a good place to buy, they usually have good prices and no tax.

I would suggest a second battery, you can only fly 25 minutes max per charge and that is cutting it close. Then you would have to wait a hour or more while battery is charging.

The batteries are 125 each.. kinda blows my budget. I'm hoping they put them on sale but DJI won't let them I believe. Rob

Before you place the order online, call them and tell them what you're planning to order and ask if they can give you prices any lower than they have listed on their website. I ordered a bunch of camera gear from them recently and some items were ~25% cheaper just by ordering it on the phone (Which I was doing to make sure they used a certain shipping carrier). Be ready with what you want when you call (a list of items with the item numbers)

Good idea, they have lowered the price on a couple of lenses for me.. Good Company.

I'm 90% sure I'll have one; am trying to pick up the new DJI Mavic Pro before I leave.
I"m Paige Bierma and I've been talking with Bob about shooting a short documentary while I'm there; look forward to meeting you!
Paige
www.paigebierma.com

Will you be at the RTR with a drone? If so, how could I convince you to spend half a day with me recording footage of my van driving along? (Your footage would be used in a video that my friend is making about me living in a van)

If you'd like help with any of the following, I'm good at them and maybe we can work out a trade:
- Photography (nice portraits of you or your van.. with the sunsets I hear about there, I can almost guarantee a picture as good as the ones below)
- Math and science
- Electrical system design (I'm not a real expert, but I am good at the math side of it, and at making a wiring diagram)
- Personal finance  (coaching, advice, guidance, answers)
- Fitness and nutrition (coaching, advice, guidance, answers)
- Help with a van project
- ?? You name what you want help with..

31630303121_cdc21058aa_z.jpg

31373299450_f502ca1303_z.jpg

I will have my DJI Phantom 4 with me. I haven't decided yet when I'm going to be there. I can't stay the whole time. Maybe we can coordinate on the best time and that can help dictate when I'll be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deltanner said:
I will have my DJI Phantom 4 with me. I haven't decided yet when I'm going to be there. I can't stay the whole time. Maybe we can coordinate on the best time and that can help dictate when I'll be there.

Awesome. I expect to be there right from the start. If I miss any of it, it would be the tail end.