What is you morning Internet ritual?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treknik

Reaction score
I find this a great way to wake up. Always looking for interesting sites. Here's mine.

Make coffee.
Turn on computer and therapy lamp (for about 45min in winter)
Do some Edge browser searches/quizzes (pays for an occasional Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription).
Switch to Chrome browser w/ all the privacy and ad blocking tweaks.
Weather (The Weather Channel), Summer: Fire and Smoke maps.
Local news paper (run CCleaner a few times so I can read more than 3 articles). Review local Covid stats.
VanDweller Community Forums - View Today's Posts
BBC News, CNN News (thorough)
FiveThirtyEight, The Atlantic, Scientific American (all quick scans).
CoinDesk (check crypto prices).
Reddit
Email politicians (occasionally)
Amazon (check if anything showing up or I need to go pickup, maybe order something).
Email
Do some programming/coding.

Wake up around 4:00am. Fire up computer, make coffee.
Check this forum and the gambling forum for new posts.

Make fun and ridicule the mathZombies on the gambling forum.
Check the FoxNews website to see who's ox has been gored.

I don't actually care or give my opinion because even if I were right it will not change a single other person's opinion.
Live and let live. Or in my case all my life let other people die trying what I have already lived to tell.
That's today's gut check. Let others fail. The worst thing to happen to me was the best things that could ever happen to me.

Nothing matters.
Start out happy and stay happy.

OK, ready to face another day.

Listen to other people. Make an awesome breakfast. Work a couple hours on the van.

I check the weather :)

I do not want the intrusion of the big wide world and all its problems or amusements dominating my mornings.

I hear ya Maki [emoji3]. Unfortunately I not so wise. I roll into my chair, check my calendar to see who will torture me today. Smile with glee if it’s Johns turn for an appt and not mine. John has already been up and made coffee so I sit and have a cup and check a couple things. This forum, the other dweller forum, my words with friends crossword app, and maybe my mail.

Later I’ll check Facebook to see if any visitors are coming in (I’m in a group that allows campers at your place and get quite a few traveling through).

After coffee I’ll decide if I’m going to mow or go see my mom. Today it’s mom. She’s 92 and it’s getting harder and harder for me when I head west for the winter. My sis does live with her and she’s taken care of but still..