Warning about Induction Cooktops EMF Radiation

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing how quick people are to defend things they do not understand.
Yes, the OP is correct. EMF fields are real and everything electric does emit EMF's. These are not natural like the Earth might give off. 120 hz electricity is where the "bad" EMF comes from, dirty electricity from the power company, and yes, "dirty" is what it is really called.
All the wiring in your house is expelling this EMF, every appliance does too. The only way to get away from it is to physically distance yourself or to use some sort of shielding.
It will not kill you like an electric chair, but it is harmful and will do damage in small amounts over a lifetime. Cell phones emit microwave radiation, not to be confused with nuclear radiation that some will knee-jerk a response about unrelated to the topic. Millimeter waves are not good for human tissue. Some phones are worse than others, none good. Again, you will not die today, but it does damage in tiny amounts. Even using a cooktop off of your batteries has EMF to it. I think a more common term is, electromagnetic plume. THoses electric cars? Yep, electromagnetic plume right under your assets, not gonna kill you but is not healthy either.
Yes, everyone has been exposed to radiation, but this is not a reason to go get exposed even more or increase it in your life.
People smoke some and still live long lives, but is not a reason to chain smoke every day, and though it might not be what kills you, the damage effects are obvious on the skin of a smoker.
Do things that do not kill you right away still do damage? Yes. Is damage bad? I would assume any damage to your body is bad. How bad you want to get is up to you.
I have to say.. you could be quite the editor if you are not yet... AND agreed on all of it.. in all honesty ..the mobile im in.. I removed all cable lines into the house.. but theres another mobile 20 ft away.. I intentionally sleep with my head in the center of the bedroom.. its small.. the reason being there are electric outlets 2 on each wall..can't shut it all off.. but there were times when I first moved in where I felt the pulsing in the middle of the night ...so I switched it all around.. crazy maybe.. but I sleep okay.. I'm in the process of a few little fixes and then back on the road full time.. Im so ready..

I don't plan on having kids anytime soon, so I'm going to induction away!
Thats another reason i'm getting out of the park.. more peeps moving with with little ones.. good for them .. but I'm an old fart.. didn't have any .. and a 2 year kiddo runnin back n forth on the lanai next door ...major UGGGHHH

Cause and effect are not always related.

Probably close to 100% of the humans that have died from cancer in the USA in the past 50 years have most likely eaten french fries at some point while they were alive.

But that doesn't mean that french fries cause cancer.

Or does it??

:p
I would say... DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU BUY THEM FROM... HAHAHHAA

Many old-school AM radio stations were built with the transmitter and tower right behind the studios.

Not all of them of course.

But many have in the past, and still do, feed thousands of watts into a tower located maybe 20 feet, or maybe 50 feet, from the staff and personnel inside the building. Some of these stations run 24/7.

DJs and other employees are not dropping like flies from the RF or the EMF.

The Twinkies in the vending machine are worse for you than the EMF!

:cool:
Ha... thats what I used to do.. RADIO.. ha... had to leave.. they rather ya lie and raise their ratings.. DIdn't work for me. .My siste r was way old school radio where you had to be the engineer .. slaeswoman and on the air.. long gone are those days

Hey ya never know. Methuselah lived to be like 20 score and 17 years old or something and he never used a microwave oven. XD

It has always ... not IRKED. That's not the right word. But perturbed me rather when RADIATION is demonized. As stated the earth's magnetic field is a form of radiation. So is a campfire, the sound of your voice, and sunlight.

It's all too often used to illicit ideas of radioactivity in our minds. But what do I know? I also dont use microwave ovens very often. And not just because my tinfoil hat creates interference. XD
NOT SURE IF YA'LL KNOW...THEY KICK ON 5G ON THE 5TH OF JANUARY..THAT'S WORLD WIDE....THE AIRLINES WERE EVEN WARNED THAT IT MAY INTERRUPT THINGS.. MMM NOT SUCH A GOOD SIGN.

We live in and in fact are only alive because the earth itself is one giant electromagnetic field.
Wow hi jim.. wow... it's been years.. you and I spoke back when they cut off the mifi some time back..
I found an option..pretty much the same.. can buy it on etsy..

Ha... thats what I used to do.. RADIO.. ha...

{snip}

.My sister was way old school radio where you had to be the engineer .. saleswoman and on the air.. long gone are those days

Thankfully, WKRP in Cincinnati is STILL on youtube.....and I gotta get my 'fix' every now and then....

📻

what country uses 120hz AC? As far as I know all countries use either 50 or 60hz.
120Hz is the first harmonic of 60Hz and gets into the power lines and house equipment as an unintentional byproduct. Very hard to avoid. On plugged-in items that have earphones or a speaker, you can usually hear it in the background. It can be heard from some motors as well.

EMF fields are real and everything electric does emit EMF's. These are not natural like the Earth might give off. 120 hz electricity is where the "bad" EMF comes from . . . . The only way to get away from it is to physically distance yourself or to use some sort of shielding.

"Typical induction cookers operate at switching frequency between 25 kHz and 50 kHz," not 120 Hz. This is because the rotating circles of electricity produced in the cookware become smaller as frequencies are made higher. And many, many tiny circles of fast-rotating electricity are needed to produce the friction that heats your cookware.

But this doesn't change the fact that some unintentional 120 Hz is in the wiring of the induction stove anyway, as with other household appliances.

It's 120 Volts at 60 Hertz.
25-50khz is still much less than the bottom range of EMF they discuss in the article.
Also, non-ionizing radiation is not shown in any study to be cumulative. Because it is non-ionizing.
Ionizing radiation is cumulative because it ionizes more and more of the molecules in your cells. Changing their chemistry.

● frequencies from about 100 kHz to less than about
20 MHz, at which absorption in the trunk de-
creases rapidly with decreasing frequency, and
significant absorption may occur in the neck and
legs;