• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy High Top Van ASAP

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ric G

Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to buy a low mileage high top van ASAP.  Prefer one that is already converted to a camper, but will consider one that has not yet been built out.  I'm looking for a win-win situation, where I get a good deal and you get a good deal too.

I'm in the southeast (Nashville), so it would be better if I found one in this part of the country.  But will consider any locations, if it's the right deal.

Thanks,
Ric

Hi - thanks for your post.

I didn't put a specific price range, because I don't want to limit responses to my post. I will say this, I can afford to buy a new van. However, I don't want to pay for the immediate 20-30% depreciation that you "pay" the minute you drive a new vehicle off the lot, and it would be great if I could find one that's already been converted to a camper.

I'm willing to look at all price ranges, including the low end, just so long as the vehicle is a high top and has low, or relatively low mileage for it's model/year/etc. In other words, I'm flexible.

As far as height, I want to be able to stand up comfortably in the van I'm 5'9" tall, so it would need to be a couple of inches higher than that.

Have a great day!
Ric

Ric, If your budget is decent you should check out rental agencies that sell their vans used. I believe Enterprise sells the 350 Transit High Roof ones regularly. Also check Uhaul and the other rental places. That will likely save you the depreciation. 
For prebuilt vans check out the van rental places like Bandago as they sometimes sell theirs.

Just came across this in NY, don't know where you're located.

https://longisland.craigslist.org/rvs/d/oceanside-sleeper-van/7268520656.html

Copied text:
THIS IS A 1999 CHEVY VAN WITH 162K MILES THAT RUNS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT AND SMOOTH EVEN AT 80MPH. I BUILT THIS FOR MY SON TO TAKE TO COLLEGE BUT BECAUSE OF THE VIRUS OUT THERE HE DID NOT GO AWAY TO SCHOOL. THERE IS A DOUBLE WIDE BED, 110 POWER INVERTOR TO PLUG THINGS IN, A NEW $200 YETI COOLER THAT KEEPS THINGS COLD FOR 5 DAYS, NEW AC COMPRESSOR, BRAND NEW $600 TIRES, NEW BRAKES, BRAND NEW $450 BACK-UP CAMERA, 2 DRESSERS, TONS OF STORAGE UNDERNEATH BED, NEW FANCY STEERING WHEEL, NEW HALOGEN LIGHTS. THE WINDOWNS HAVE CURTAINS. THE PRICE IS $6,000, NOT $5,000 OR $4,000. I AM LOSING AS IT IS. I WILL DRIVE THIS THING ACROSS THE COUNTRY AS IS RIGHT NOW. ALL IT NEEDS IS A BETTER DRIVERS SEAT.

^
A 5'-9" person wouldn't be able to stand up in that one. I have a similar mid-high top and the interior height is only about 5'-4".

It's built out but also 22 years old.

Not exactly low mileage either.

^^^
Good to know the height, thanks.
Definately not new or low mileage.

Ric, disregard my previous post, lolol.

Thanks for replying to my post! A few questions:

How many miles does it have? What kind of engine? Interior height?

Thanks,
Ric

I'm not entirety sure of the inside height. I'm close to 6 foot tall and I have quite a bit of head room. Its got about 62K on the odometer. Its got a Turbo 6.9 IDI diesel. It runs and drives pretty good. Its actually my daily driver.

Last van I sold I asked the prospect what would be YOUR best offer and I accepted; avoids any inclinations of buyer remorse.IMNHO

Hi all,

I'm still looking to buy a low mileage high top van ASAP. It can either be already built out, or an empty van. I'm looking for a win-win situation, where I get a good deal and you get a good deal too.

I'm in the southeast (Nashville), so it would be better if I found one in this part of the country. But will consider any location, if it's the right deal.

Thanks,
Ric

Anything in Fairfield County will probably have a premium attached because: "It's from Fairfield"! ( I have snooty relatives in New Canaan, Ridgefield, and Silvermine)...

:sneaky:

Hi all,

I'm still looking to buy a low mileage high top van ASAP. It can either be already built out, or an empty van. I'm looking for a win-win situation, where I get a good deal and you get a good deal too.

I'm in the southeast (Nashville), so it would be better if I found one in this part of the country. But will consider any location, if it's the right deal.

Thanks,
Ric
Hello Ric,
This one is in Nashville
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/888882911724687/