Walmart stealth bathing

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GypsyJan

Reaction score
Dorian gave me an excuse to voluntarily evacuate. I spent a couple of nights in Walmart parking lots, so I got to implement my stealth bathing plan. I assembled a stealth bathing tote bag: hose with shower head sprayer device that slips over a faucet, mini pitcher, micro weave towel and wash cloth, dollar store bath mat rug, shower gel, tooth brush, tooth paste, flossers, detangler hair brush, shampoo/conditioner combo, floppy hat or cap, hair clip, disposable razor, & paper towels. I tossed in a change of clothes and wore my crocs. 

I used the handicap stall as it had its own sink. I put down the bath mat in front of the toilet. I was not able to use the hose/sprayer device as the faucet was motion-activated. I used the mini pitcher instead, using my fingers to activate it several times to fill the pitcher. I raised the toilet lid and stepped barefoot onto the bath mat, dangled a foot over the toilet bowl and rinsed it using the pitcher. After sudsing it and scrubbing thouroghly, I rinsed off the suds and repeated the process with the other foot. I was actually able to wash up to my knees this way. Dried with the towel. Put lid down and sat. Washed the nether regions and thighs and rinsed off & dried, then dressed from the waist down. Moved rug in front of sink. Used mini pitcher as mini sink as did not want to get exposed to bacteria in public sink. Washed and rinsed from waste up. Toweled dry and finished dressing. Brushed teeth and hair. [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I used their paper towels to wipe down the toilet, sink, & floor as I wanted to leave the stall tidier than I found it. [/font]  Left feeling clean and fresh.

If my hair had needed shampooing, I could have also used the mini pitcher over the sink for that. After toweling as much moisture out as possible, I would have used the detangler brush, then clipped my hair up and covered with the hat/cap. 

I was pleased at how little time it took and gave me the knowledge that when I go on the road full time, I will have one less thing to worry about.

Despite all your efforts this is NOT an appropriate thing to do !!! So many reasons why not, not to mention you are taking a stall intended for handicapped people .I'm sure there are the majority on here that agree with me.Rest stop,gas stations, or go to a truckstop where you can for a few bucks get an actual shower.So no ,this is NOT a "stealth idea" rather a really bad,bad idea......

Gypsyjan please report to the YARC thread...

I'll have to agree with Gma here...I would have been appalled if I walked in on that, and mad if I had been in a wheel chair. Walmart is too busy to dominate a handicap stall for that length of time.

Why not join a health club instead? Get some exercise and get clean as a bonus. It seems like the most economical way to stay clean in urban areas. In the forest I tried the weed sprayer to stay clean. Not easy to get used to but with practice, it works just fine.

What you are not relating to is that places look for an excuse to ban having overnight camping. What you are suggesting is going to irritate and likely infuriate the manager of the store where you do such activities if they find out about it. Yes the managers do go into restrooms both to use them and to do spot inspections of them. The employees also use the restroom and might notify the manager that someone is taking a bath in the handicap stall.

small pan of water with soap and micro fiber cloth -
or
small spray bottle with soap and micro fiber cloth

its not hard to stay clean ish

micro fiber cloths work Great -
and dry super fast -

wally auto dept has small micro fiber cloths for $4 for several -
also have Large light blue smooth micro fiber Towel that is
large enough to clean UR back -= dries super fast $5

much easier to stay clean out in sticks - than in city-
get full body sun tan at same time

LOL, I am handicapped....also it took only a few minutes. Get a life, folks. YARC here I come.

You can try my setup. Its a semi-large rectangle bin (10 gal). When not in use it fits nicely between the seats and holds whatever you want. I put towel down then put bin over towel. For now i lay out another behing me u til i rig up a shower curtain with velco or something. Then i use the dogs water bowl, which is a gallon ice cream container and i heat up one pot of water and mix it with room temp. For shower I got a decent battery powered submersable.

Attachments

• received_357859741767031.jpeg
    received_357859741767031.jpeg
    189.3 KB · Views: 17
  • received_386594428690252.jpeg
    received_386594428690252.jpeg
    12.4 KB · Views: 14
GypsyJan said:
LOL,  I am handicapped....also it took only a few minutes. Get a life, folks. YARC here I come.
Cool, you can park in those blue zones for a really quick getaway should you need one.

GypsyJan said:
LOL, I am handicapped....also it took only a few minutes.

Some people with disabilities are more disabled than others.

We've all experienced a sudden, urgent need for a restroom. But it's magnitudes worse when you have trouble getting out of your wheelchair and onto the toilet in time, or you suffer an impending colostomy-bag catastrophe, because some selfish person was gaming the system with their 'stealth shower.'

Please keep in mind that, as hard as life can be sometimes, there's always someone who has it a little harder.

Please be considerate.

I don't wash up at Walmart. I am happy to have a place to sleep when I am traveling. I have washed at the library, McDonald's and at Rest Areas that have a separate "family" restroom. I have a collapsible cup and a squeegee. I use the cup to wash my hair and the squeegee to clean the floor if I happen to wash private areas. Mostly I use wet wipes in the van, and public sinks for hair washing. I only wash my body if the bathroom has a floor drain. After using the squeegee, I use paper towels to dry the floor so the person after me does not fall on a wet floor. Mostly, I use a gym, but on our trip to Glacier National Park, there were not any gyms. You could buy a shower at the hotel which we did once we reached the campground.

I do like your idea of a hat to hide my wet hair. Thanks

I am YARC and yea you need to join :) and I have to say for a fast wash up I think using the stall at Walmart is fine. I think any very fast use of any facility on this planet is ok. :) If you truly aren't in there forever, using it for a normal appropriate kinda amt of time, then go for it.

I cannot imagine showering in a public restroom, altho I have witnessed others doing this. Doing a basin bath in your rig does not bother anyone and gets you plenty clean, even the hair. I use a water heater pan to catch the drips, as I am a fanatic about keeping it dry.     ~crofter

Just the thought of bathing in a public toilet gives me the creeps.  *shiver*  You are bathing in a toilet.  Every time that toilet is flushed, micro droplets are sprayed into the room and onto surrounding surfaces  So you placed a mat or towel on the floor?  Yuck!  I will never forget the campground shower I was going to use that had human feces on the floor.  What do you do with that mat afterwards?  Pick it up with your hand and take it into your van?  Hang it inside to dry?

Ya think the place is clean?  Ever read the instructions on the containers of disinfectant cleaners?  Some say the surface must stay wet for up to ten minutes to be effective!

Each to his own but you may be "cleaner" with a sponge bath in your van or behind a bush somewhere.

Hey if she can shower in the toilet room, maybe I should go light up a big stinky, manly cigar in the mamava pod. Stealth smoking....yeah thats the ticket.

:p

I aint right either.

(closed circuit for HDR: A mamava pod is a breastfeeding mother's private lactation suite...no I'm not kidding...)