WAAAAAA!!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GotSmart

Reaction score
As I write this I see it is 57* in Quartzsite

It is 15* and snowing here.  The entire state has a weather advisory.  

I have my annual case of walking pneumonia. Good thing I was able to see the Dr. yesterday

My cat insists on staying on my lap under the blankets, so I have an added excuse to have my kids wait on me.   :D       

I would post a picture, but I know that most of you would only laugh.

WAAAAAAAA   ;) 

Enjoy RTR you lucky people.

Its minus 35 windchill in Wisconsin where I am.

:huh: I've had a rough couple'a days and good use a smile.  Just post yore lil' ol'   :heart:  out.

Jewellann

I made it from CT to IN yesterday. I stopped because it was snowing. Got some sleep. I just woke up......and it's snowing again/still? Bah

I've recently added a city in Wisconsin where I once lived and worked to the list of cities shown on my phone's weather app. Now when I'm checking the weather in multiple locations I see that it's -5 or -10 for the lows up there and laugh like a super villain.

I feel your pain, John. Last night it rained, we had thunder and lightning, then it turned to hail and snowed on top of that.
14F this morning with a wind chill of -20, when I got up. It's warmed up to 30F. Wind chill is all the way up to 20.

My Mum keeps the house at about 75. I close my eyes and pretend it's a perfect day in Q

It's almost noon and the temp here in W. WA is all the way up to 27F. I'm up to using six 5-gallon buckets of wood per day, and that's with all but the family room (stove), bedroom, bath & kitchen closed off from the rest of the house. Yuma is looking better and better.

WINTER:

Winter is the coldest season of the year in polar and temperate climates, between autumn and spring. Winter is caused by the axis of the Earth in that hemisphere being oriented away from the Sun.
History teaches that It could be far far worse.

1816 was the Year Without a Summer in the Northern Hemisphere. The unusual coolness of the winter of 1815–1816 and of the following summer was primarily due to the eruption of Mount Tambora in Indonesia, in April 1815. There were secondary effects from an unknown eruption or eruptions around 1810, and several smaller eruptions around the world between 1812 and 1814. The cumulative effects were worldwide, but were especially strong in the Eastern United States, Atlantic Canada, and Northern Europe. Frost formed in May in New England, killing many newly planted crops, and the summer never recovered. Snow fell in New York and Maine in June, and ice formed in lakes and rivers in July and August. In the UK, snow drifts remained on hills until late July, and the Thames froze in September. Agricultural crops failed and livestock died in much of the Northern Hemisphere, resulting in food shortages and the worst famine of the 19th century.

Dave

saw 15f when i woke up,today not that bad,yesterday there was wind,burrr

we are in an ice age you know

We sure can not blame this on Mt Tambora.  

How about Little Miss Sunshine.  Txjaybird.  :angel:

Why?   :huh:

Just because she does not know where I am.   :p

I miss Arizona more and more.

It's 3 F in Denver right now. Glad I'm not there anymore.

9:00 PM here in the SF Bay Area/Calif. and it's a balmy, compared to the rest of you, 43* and dropping.  Supposed to reach as low as the high 20's in some spots overnight.
No rain yet and no hail or lightning (we never get lightning), and no snow, but around here anything below 60* is considered unacceptable.   :D

This weekend we're supposed to get 5" - 6" of rain, more in the hills, and it's supposed to really DUMP.  Maybe even get some strong winds.  

Given I still live in a S&B, I'm just going to hunker down, crank the heater, and watch Netfix movies and YouTube documentaries this weekend. :p

BigT said:
No rain yet and no hail or lightning (we never get lightning), and no snow, but around here anything below 60* is considered unacceptable.   :D

This weekend we're supposed to get 5" - 6" of rain, more in the hills, and it's supposed to really DUMP.  Maybe even get some strong winds.  

I remember lightning storms, hail, and even some snow when I lived in the N. Bay. In the 40's there was drought. in the 90's there was plenty.  In 1968 we has such a rain that the frogs all left the rivers, and headed for the hills.  Floods were a normal thing.  The weather in CA seems to run a 40 to 50 year cycle.  Wet, then dry.  Welcome to California.  It has always been like that. 

http://www.bytemuse.com/post/drought-historical-rainfall-california/

Madpeep said:
I made it from CT to IN yesterday. I stopped because it was snowing. Got some sleep. I just woke up......and it's snowing again/still? Bah

Somebody said "Go south, young man. Go south!" ;-)

Tom

13 F in Okie this morning with snow on the ground. Yep, the Q looks mighty good right now.

Woke up to snow on the truck in San Antonio this morning. It's going to be a nice indoor day.