Veteran's dog, Brandi 8 yr old needs home - Phoenix

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulRaven

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I'm now thinking of getting a doggy friend after my dog recently died, but it is too soon. I can't adopt at this time, but Brandi is a smart pooch and she really does need a forever home. She was doggy family for a Veteran and now wears her owners Military Dog Tags and gets a small monthly Survivors Pension, her human died recently. Her story is amazing, both happy and sad & it brought me to tears. She would be a great traveling doggy. Brandi needs a home

Cute dog. They need to remove the money part from the ad or someone may take advantage and get her just for the money.

Itripper said:
Cute dog. They need to remove the money part from the ad or someone may take advantage and get her just for the money.

I did talk with Jill about that money thing late yesterday. She is now more aware, maybe will change the wording & place a new ad & delete old ads. I just hope doggy gets a new home, she's in a tough spot after Mike died Feb 2nd  :-/ . It is a sad story and I'm hoping for the best outcome. Thank you.

OMG. MY DOG RUSTY is from Jill !! She is a PHENOMENAL HUMAN BEING. She boarded my Rusty to the tune of thousands of dollars because she believed in him when no one else did. With her OWN money. I could never repay her, and she doesn't want that. My being Rusty's mother is enough for her. He was a severely abused rescue from Superior, Arizona, a defunct copper mining town 70 miles east of Phoenix (on the way to Globe). I adopted Rusty in Phoenix/Scottsdale on Halloween 2012. It's taken 5 years, but he has healed and has grown into an amazing pack member. He has added so much to my life and my alpha Katie's life. I can't imagine life without him. That is why I will be traveling with both dogs in my van.

Jill specializes in placing difficult to place dogs for various reasons. I can't say enough good about Jill. Anyone who loves Pitties and knows how to work with a strong muscled dog, she sounds amazing and I would absolutely take Brandi if I could. She sounds wonderful. If you are inclined to adopt Brandi, I can vouch that Jill is an amazing loving person to work with.

If you wanna see a photo of my Rusty, it's in the link at the bottom of my posts.

DesertRose said:
OMG. MY DOG RUSTY is from Jill !! She is a PHENOMENAL HUMAN BEING. 
Yes, and thank you for replying. I talked with Jill for nearly an hour. You're lucky to have Rusty, and getting him from Jill. She is as you say, phenomenal, and is truly a lovely lady in heart and mind.
Many would first think the ad in CL about Brandi is just a come on tale and mostly lies. It is not.
It is all true story about Veteran Mike and why Brandi gained the extra weight, because Mike was so sick that last year he was unable to monitor her feed so Mike let doggy free feed up until he died Feb 2nd. We all know what then happens. 

Brandi needs a loving home, whether it is with a vandweller or someone who has a stick home. 
I'm in hopes people ask around to help it happen and not just read the ad saying "Tsk tsk" then forget about it.
I would home Brandi too, if I could, but I can't, it is too soon after mine died late last year and 2nd one early this year. I can barely manage entertaining the idea of getting another doggy...so soon.

Sorry for the double post... don't know what happened. Probably because I hibernated instead of shutting down last night.

What double post? I see only one, starting with OMG & about Jill & Rusty dog. It is a small world. 
I did try to find your photo of Rusty, I could not find it & I don't know why.
If you can, could you post a picture of him here?

If you can see the link in my signature area, you can click on that and it should pull up. Please let me know if it doesn't. Do you know if Jill was able to place Brandi in a forever home or foster home? Re the double post, I flagged the 2nd one and asked the mod(s) to remove it.

DesertRose said:
If you can see the link in my signature area, you can click on that and it should pull up. Please let me know if it doesn't. Do you know if Jill was able to place Brandi in a forever home or foster home? Re the double post, I flagged the 2nd one and asked the mod(s) to remove it.

I just found your doggy photos. Rusty is the dog who is observant and knows everything going on. Katie, is the goofy doggy and is too busy going after fun playtime & then has to stop and watch to play catch-up. They are a sweet & funny pair! I bet they keep you entertained, like healthy little kids do when young. You're lucky to have them two pals. I hope Jill knows how well Rusty is doing after all his abuse history. He looks happy & he's lucky that you found him. 

We gotta get Brandi a home. I hope & pray someone finds her and takes her soon.

I just checked the link for Brandi's CL advert. It has been deleted. I'm not sure if it was because of the money thing, or better yet is maybe Jill found Brandi a home? I sure do hope that is true. I may phone Jill on noon Saturday.

Jill responds very quickly. I emailed her last night and didn't hear back which is unlike her. She works full time and brought Rusty to me after work even though she lives 30 miles from where I used to live in Scottsdale. I'm thinking she found a home and is delivering Brandi as we write. Sure hope so! This woman is one of the most dedicated rescuers I've seen. She has boundless energy.

And Goodwill said:
I just found your doggy photos. Rusty is the dog who is observant and knows everything going on. Katie, is the goofy doggy and is too busy going after fun playtime & then has to stop and watch to play catch-up. They are a sweet & funny pair! I bet they keep you entertained, like healthy little kids do when young. You're lucky to have them two pals. I hope Jill knows how well Rusty is doing after all his abuse history. He looks happy & he's lucky that you found him. 

We gotta get Brandi a home. I hope & pray someone finds her and takes her soon.

Yes, I keep Jill updated every six months, and others in the rescue "tribe" too. Rusty had several angels. He is one lucky old soul. And yes you are quite correct about their character and temperament!

As for Brandi, I felt she would have been perfect for a solo male or female in the RV living community, but we'll see what has happened.

I've been haggling with myself, over wanting to give Brandi a home. But I know it's not in her best interest that I do. So I'm working it, trying to raise awareness and get others to talk about her need of a home. She's a unique doggy, her stories of tragedy, finding Mike then losing him recently. Not nearly like Rusty's was, but still her tragic losses.

edit: I did look for all the older CL ads on Brandi, they're all deleted too. I'll call Jill tomo & post here what I find out.

Posting photo of Rusty & Katie for DesertRose. She found Rusty through Jill, who is trying to find a home for Mike's Brandi doggy. 
What a cute & funny pair!
Rusty and Katie.jpg

Attachments

• Rusty and Katie.jpg
    Rusty and Katie.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 67