Ventilation for under mattress

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use it under my mattress and around three of the sides. I haven't had any trouble with moisture under my mattress. It is above non-conditioned airspace also. There was condensation before I put it down along with a new mattress.

I ordered one yesterday from that company. The order is being processed and should get here this week or maybe next week. I won't drill any holes into anything. I'll just place the mat underneath the mattress and that should work.

Seems kinda pricey for a double bed but I haven't looked around

There was a thread on this topic a while back. I studied the comments and then decided i would drill holes in my bed platform.

3247BB7C-AE1D-4F98-9E1A-1FF43BF9C22E.jpeg

Attachments

• 3247BB7C-AE1D-4F98-9E1A-1FF43BF9C22E.jpeg
    3247BB7C-AE1D-4F98-9E1A-1FF43BF9C22E.jpeg
    539.3 KB · Views: 7
I'm on a cot, so no holes for me--I flip my foam pad over every so often though to let it air out.

Matildas mate said:
There was a thread on this topic a while back. I studied the comments and then decided i would drill holes in my bed platform.
I have a Roadtrek, not a conversion van or any other type of self-build vehicle. Therefore, I have to be careful what I do to the inside, including drilling holes on the wooden benches that make the bed, if I want to sell later down the road.

MaTaLa said:
Seems kinda pricey for a double bed but I haven't looked around

Some places charge more than this company. For me it's worth the money if it does what it's supposed to do. I don't want to spend good money on a mattress for it to get moldy nor do I want mold on the wooden platform. So far, I've read nothing but good reviews.