van top interchange list

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

closeanuf

Reaction score
I have a 1997 Dodge B3500 van.  I have been looking for a fiberglass raised top and I am wondering if there is a list somewhere telling what year models will fit my van.

Yes this is a great idea. If you do the work yourself it can be cheaper to buy a regular top van and fit a high top on it vs a comparable high top van.

Gary68 said:
they made the b series from early 70's to early 00"s so i think anything in there would work depending on length but some dodge folks should chime  in

if you are near phoenix heres one,much cheaper to find used vs new
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ptd/5856415912.html

Also look around at other CL listings...I can't recall what city it was, but one guy had 3-4 high tops sitting around...

closeanuf said:
I have a 1997 Dodge B3500 van.  I have been looking for a fiberglass raised top and I am wondering if there is a list somewhere telling what year models will fit my van.

Dodge van roofs never changed from 1971 all the way to 2003, cept for minor details like third brake light holes. You can go to the wrecking yard and grab a hightop off of a '77 and it'll pretty much settle right onto the '97.

You got me thinking tho. I'm a gonna measure the high-top at the flange thats on my Extended Ford, and then compare it to whats on my old Dodge Surveyor which is also extended. I wonder if they are the same......

That was what I have been thinking,but I wasn't quite sure.  I live in Lubbock, Tx and it's a long way to anywhere.  I have seen some older Dodge vans sitting in the weeds here and there and just wondered how far back I can go.  The third light is not a concern at all.  I just want to be sure it will fit on the sides, front and back so I can seal it.  

Thanks for all your input.

My understanding was that the Dodge platform was popular with Class B manufacturers because the design changed so little over the years.

Most junkyards dont like to take the hightops because they are fiberglass. So getting one from a yard should be cheep. They don't make money off the recycling. That's a positive for you. Good luck.