Van Aid 2022 images

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarryNights

Reaction score
Have spent over a week here. Simply wonderful gathering of Vans, RVs, Busses of every description building, modifying or just getting ideas and making new friends. Great sunsets, lots of friendly campfires and even an ultralight to grab a flight in! Big concert and dinner last night. Lots of skilled help available for repairs, woodworking, electrical, solar - and a welder that came with his pair of Oxen!

VanAid-1.jpgOverview2.jpgBuild2.jpgWelder.jpg
Campfire1.jpgBus-Top.jpgBustop-Glider1.jpgConcert1.jpg

Attachments

• Bus-Top.jpg
    Bus-Top.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Bustop-Glider1.jpg
    Bustop-Glider1.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 13
Thanks for the great photos and great to meet you!!!

Super pix. I'm envious, looks like a great time and thanks for your hard work helping out the community!

Cheers!

Too many people too close together *shudders*

Really, I'm and extrovert, I like people, truly, I do.

Cool event. I probably should try to meet people at these events and let my introvert wife regain her energy.

Starrynights thank you for sharing those pictures looks like an awesome time had!
…I need to ask, but in one of those pictures it appears somebody had some pet “black cows/bulls” ?? Never seen that b4…

Starrynights thank you for sharing those pictures looks like an awesome time had!
…I need to ask, but in one of those pictures it appears somebody had some pet “black cows/bulls” ?? Never seen that b4…
In the first post:

"Lots of skilled help available for repairs, woodworking, electrical, solar - and a welder that came with his pair of Oxen!"

Yes, there was a welder guy that had a couple oxen with a cart. Never saw them pull the cart.

Too many people too close together *shudders*

Really, I'm and extrovert, I like people, truly, I do.

Cool event. I probably should try to meet people at these events and let my introvert wife regain her energy.
So don’t have to park way over in the crowded area. The desert is huge and you can park as far away as you want and walk in for whatever you want.

It comes upon us too soon
Perhaps theere'll be a full moon
No one gets paid
(Now what rhymes with paid?:devilish:)
Same place, same time, Van Aid

VanAide-RaisingFunds.JPG

Tylle the guy who organized Van Aid had recent surgeries and said he is not going to do that event this year. So far no one else has stepped up to replace him as organizer. Unlikely to be a repeat this winter but not totally impossible just yet.

Just saying “same time same place” won’t cut it. It requires organization for collecting funds, fetching materials, storing them, sign up sheets for jobs needed and volunteer skills and tools available. Otherwise it becomes chaos leading to a lot of dissatisfaction and grumbling with very little getting accomplished.

Last edited:
Hope he is recovering well and quickly. Really enjoyed his build posts. Well worth reading for those doing build outs!

Tyll his own self says he organized it and is looking for another person to take it over. Guess he is the one person who knows for sure how it works and what is needed.

See the image attached for his statement, posted and written by Tyll, in his very own words, for the recent update about his health and Van Aid update too.

Attachments

• D1EE3EF0-0531-4E37-9C4C-47544901E487.png
    D1EE3EF0-0531-4E37-9C4C-47544901E487.png
    293.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: