US health insurance and CPAP

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, they've been doing the tracking for quite some time. Something like 80% of people prescribed CPAP machines can't adjust to using them and are non-compliant. Insurance companies are desperate to claw back some of the money spent on the machines. Personally, I would take the modem off of the device as soon as I got it home if I were worried about that sort of tracking. Personally, I use it every night so I have no concerns about non-compliance and my device hasn't had a modem since the first month I had it.

The overcharging is, sadly, the same thing medical supply companies do with literally every medical device they provide. It stinks.

I don't use insurance for any of the machines or supplies other than the very first one probably 15 years ago. I bought a machine off ebay before they banned selling "medical devices" and bought the last two off craigslist. I don't need supplies very often and these can be bought without a prescription (Never had my prescription). Finding out how and setting them to your needed pressure is easy.